1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Good Morning,
    A good car means good :- 1) riding comfort (includes everything related to comfort 2) handling (at low as well as high speeds).I don't think FIAT is not capable of rectifying the present problem in 2012.As a user we cannot change or modify anything as we wish.That will result in WARRANTY issue.So we have to raise this to them.I am trying for this by sending mails.Going back to 2011 is not the solution.It is not suitable for Indian conditions.(The reason I waited till 2012 model was this low GC.So going back is out of question.Now Duster has 205 mm compared to 185 mm of 2012 Linea .What about it's suspension? .I haven't test driven it.
  2. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

This pitching problem is there in my 2012 Punto too. It was more evident when I was riding on 195/60 rubber but after switching to 205/60 Yoko AVS DB, this bouncy effect has smoothen out quite a lot. Thou it never bothered me as my car never scrapped anywhere in past one year and thats a big big relief for me as my friend's pre 2011 Punto have scrapped so many times that it really pisses him off everytime he takes on any rough patch and which are very common on Indian roads. Plus this bouncy effect takes place around 20kmph to be exact, and I hardly notices it, same goes for everyone who sat in my Punto so far. It is there but quite ignorable.
    STILL, If one wants to revert back to old suspension setup, than is there any provision left to buy new kit or only used ones are available now ?
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

You Cannot compare a Duster and a Linea.
    Duster's ride quality is exceptional,and i would say better than a Linea,and it handles well for a Mini SUV.
    And i am not sure,how much R&D was done by fiat,while giving out the GC upgrade.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    does R&D goes with tire profile change as well ? Active,Dynamic & Emotion have different profile tires ?
  5. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Dear ENKI,
    I think you have exaggerated too much by telling all other cars 'tin-boxes'. Punto is no doubt a good car, but it has to be. It costs too much. Rs.7 lacs for a medium model of hatchback (1.3 Dynamic) is an hefty amount. i20 is even costlier but has high sales figures and here poor Punto stands nowhere. In my Punto fuel started leaking when it had done only 700 kms at 400 kms away from home (see my thread 'My BNW MJD'). Punto is manufactured with carelessness. There is no quality control at factory. And it is the way here in India. You will find many weeping Punto faces in this forum.

I also own a Punto but what can be done now? It is something like marriage. We get used to it and a day comes when you get the freedom. Punto bears no resale value. Punto has no sales records. It does have Huge aftersales problems. This is Punto. This is Fiat. A hopeless future for manufacturer and many doomed owners like Soori (Sorry Soori, please excuse me. Have you slept well any night after 'bumping issue'? Has Fiat said a single word 'Sorry' to you? No. In Italy or UK, they might have solved the problem within a week alongwith a written apology.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Re: Bumpy Ride Punto 90HP

@soori I have been feeling this bumpy ride upto 40 km/hr speed right from day 1.

But beyond 40km/hr the ride quality is great. I have driven i20 a lot of times, I noticed its suspension is tuned a lot on the softer side and maybe that's the reason you find Punto to be way too bumpy due to its stiff suspension setup.

If you are in Bangalore, you could try my 90HP this weekend and see get your doubt clarified.

Cheers :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  7. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

R u using nitrogen or normal air...?? This bumpy sensation happens sometimes if u r on nitrogen and then fill it with normal air or vice verse...
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

@Mohankv I am using Nitrogen... Used to fill nitrogen on my santro too.. I don't think that nitrogen is the issue here :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Nitrogen or not, ride quality is unaffected. It is more to do with the stiffer suspension setup post 2012 and the tyres like the GY GT3.

Do a tyre upgrade and you will be amazed by the difference in ride quality. But yes, pre 2012 Puntos were more friendly to our backs.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  10. samanth passi

samanth passi

ENKI even i have a i20 and a punto. From day one i find i20's ride (not handling) better then punto's,it is got a bumpy ride, when ever there is a speed breaker it jump's!! On the other hand my linea's ride and handling is far ahead off all the honda's,fords, maruti,vw's and skoda's!! i can place it against audi for ride and handling!!!!
    1 person likes this.