1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride and stiff suspension

Discussion in 'Technical' started by abhiuday, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Anujeet Singh

Anujeet Singh Timido

Punto Evo 1.3
    I am also facing bumpy rides over small pits or bumps on road sin my New punto evo (bought this year), have any of you find any solution ?
  2. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    hi all. I own Dec '13 Punto 90 HP sports model. There has been strange problem off late over the last 3-4 months. My car had done 20.5k kms till now and I have already got the front left suspension replaced under warranty. There is a peculiar noise from the front left hand side area while driving slow or passing over undulations. It sounds like kuduk kuduk or water goblets falling in the bucket. This usually happens aftr driving long in traffic say 45-50 mins and this sound appears. By the time I m just about to park her, the sound becomes prominent and continuous. It is indeed very annoying and all the good ride that we know punto for gets defeated . I got this checked this Saturday but again the sound vanised then but reappeared today and evn last evening. Is it somethin serious? I feel insecure to drive her at high speeds. Infact a bit frustrated with these niggles. 3 months back even for the pads replaced but the guduk guduk sound came back. The most strange is that the sound starts once I drive in traffic for long. Noida - Faridabad stretch. Pls advise
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Might be lower arm issue, get done with underbody thorough check.

if you feel its an engine noise,go for a spin around and drive it like stolen,once in a while you need to do this.
    asimpleson likes this.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @op,can you post manufacturing month & year of your car?
  5. Rajith AR

Rajith AR Timido

Punto Evo 1.3
    Yes i also feel bumping and jerking in small potholes at 50-60Km speed (Punto 1.3 dynamic). As per discussed with service center saying that due to height increase to 185cm and using stiff suspension for getting better drive at high speed. But in old punto using soft suspention and the height is 165cm only. I don't no any solution come from fiat regards this issue.
  6. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Considering that you drive in Delhi.. and the road quality here is amazingly shitty.... you might want to get the suspension setup checked... and replace front suspension if required.
  7. abhilashpremaraj

abhilashpremaraj Timido

Hi Friends,
    I would like to share my experience with my 2012 March Punto. I had the same feeling with my Punto too as you people mentioned, ride is stiff/bumpy at low speed, and heavy road noise which was irritating especially on some road surfaces. I had done wheel alignment in a shop who are using Bosch machine for wheel alignment and they claim they correct the back wheel alignment also. After that I was very happy that my Punto was riding very smooth (I dint feel the bumpiness or stiffness) and there was a significant reduction in the road noise also. But during last service FAC did alignment again as laft struct pad is replaced due to noise from it. Now I feeling the stiffness and road noise again. So waiting to do wheel alignment again the previous shop to get beck the comfortable and silent ride :). Actually i visited that alignment shop first time as suggested by my brother in law who did wheel alignment there and find drastic difference in road noise. So a proper wheel alighnment (with correcting camper value for back wheel) may solve the problem.