1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumper misaligned..

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nand_nand, Jan 10, 2014.

1. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi TFI Gurus,

I need your advice on this.

Yesterday I had parked my car at office and some moron had hit my car from the back and the left hand side of bumper looks misaligned. I did not see any dent or scratches on the body, but a small crack on the bumper.

Attaching some pictures.

IMAG1119.jpg

IMAG1120.jpg

IMAG1121.jpg

IMAG1122.jpg

Can you please let me know whether this would really require bumper replacement or it can be aligned back to normal? All the locks looks intact.

In the past two years, this is the second time I took my car to office and this is the second incident. In the past someone had hit my mirror and they took the mirror as well. :-(

I really don't really like driving my car like this, as I had care of my car more than I cared for myself.. :-(

-Nanda
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Nanda,

Sad to know about the rear bumper damage. As seen in the pics the rear bumper can still be used as there are no major damages apart from that crack. So dont opt to replace the bumper, it can be fixed back to its original slot. The entire bumper will have to be removed and fixed back. Also seen is the damage to the rear left fender liner same case as mine. The liner needs to be replaced. Can you enquire with the Fiat workshop in your area as to how much would that cost. Asking just to get a comparison of the price quoted to me.

For reference check this thread. http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-oem-spares/9376-cost-fender-liner-fiat-linea-t-jet-plus.html
  3. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Ghodlur,

Thanks. I am trying to get appointment from FASS for the same and no one is picking up the phone.. Let me check with them regarding the fender liner..

-Nanda

4. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If you cant find the liner, try to get the bumper riveted from inside (In case FASS suggests for replacement). I suggest you don't get it done from local work shop than FASS.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
  6. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got it done yesterday in KHT.. they requested me to replace the bumper but I did not agree as it was costing 8k.. wheel arch was replaced which costs 650rs.. they told there will small gap in the bumper but after fitting I did not notice much.. finally she is back to normal.. :)

egeqube7.jpg

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk
    5 people like this.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Repair work seems good , no extra gap is visible.