1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumper mis-aligned

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by svvickky, Mar 14, 2013.

1. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Hi All,
    Recently i got hit a car from rear. My bumper got misaligned , here is thread where the pic is also uploaded
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-2-fire/9274-grand-punto-1-2-white-angel-2.html

I am planning for a long trip next week by thursday. Should I align this bumper before that. As of now, i didnt hear any noise from rear. But my dad feels its better to be fixed before the long trip.

If its better to fixed then what are the options
    1. Should i take to Fiat's service centre ? if so how much i will be charged ? As of now i am not interested claiming insurance for this alone. ( i have got bumper to bumper insurance for my car)

2. Is it ok to take it to a local service shop and fix it, if so suggest me a good one in bangalore.

Thanks,
    Vignesh.
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi, Pic looks fine with no major damage please visit ASS they will fix it at no extra cost, they won't charge unless you intend to get the bumper replaced.
  3. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    Hi,My car compleTed 5 months and Am going to get my 1st service done next weekend.2800 km completed. Yesterday night a biker hit my beauty from behind and the result, you can see.the left side of rear bumper got broken at the bottom .only visible if you bend down or observe from a distance. Slight misalignment and a slight dent on back door.I guess dent should be easily removed.what I am not sure is what to do with the bumper.although as I said its not so visible and may be misalignment can be corrected. Should I:
    1- go for a change of bumper itswlf since it is anyway broken?

2- will that be covered in warranty
    3- someone told me that the bumper does not come in same color(mine is tuscan wine) and needs to be painted.will the painted look match exactly with the body as it is today or could be difference seen?
    Please suggestme your opinions.iam very upset with this and so soon with almost new car:(
    Attaching pics
  4. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    posting pics

IMG_20130720_113846.jpg IMG_20130720_113838.jpg
  5. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    Dear all,please suggest
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    warranty? you must be kidding surely :)

bumper damage is too small. SC will ask you to paint half bumper which will lighten your pocket by atleast 2k.

i would suggest go to some local garage and ask them what they can do to fix it. probably they'll put something behind it and mould it using heat. don't get it painted since anyways its not visible unless one bends down.

what about the dent on the door? are you planning to claim insurance to get it fixed or is it so small that it can be ignored?

in case you are claiming insurance for door, you might get the bumper also changed along with it, if not then do as suggested above.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  7. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    Thanks shams.regarding the door the dent is small and I guess it shed be done by Tass maybe for free!!!!as about the bumper,I am waiting to talk to them next weekend when I go for 1st service.let me see what they say.BTW any idea if the repaint will be exactly the same?well I had already to replace my door actuator last month when it did not lock automatically.it seems the series of maintainence cost have started!
    Btw anyone can suggest good local guy in pune who can fix this?
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    paint matching 100% is something that you might not get at FASS! depends on your luck. thats why i am saying don't get it painted as its not even visible without bending!
    i believe that should have been a warranty replacement not costing you anything!
  9. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    Thanks Shams.I will try to visit the local guy to see if this can be corrected.
  10. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    I guy had hit my Linea from rear. Due to the impact, the bumper moved few MM out of position near the tail lamps. Then TASS said no issues with the position. It won't rattle or come out. I drove with that for few months.

Got it fixed by FASS later. Was charged Rs. 350 plus taxes for labour. There was no need for painting as it was only misalignment.