1. The much awaited Team FIAT Stickers have been launched. To get your set click here : Team FIAT Stickers

Bumper guard for Punto 1.3

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Prasanna Godugu, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hi All,

Anyone fixed bumper guard punto please share the pictures and also please advice any cons if i fix bumper guard on front and rear.

Thanks in advance
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    You mean the guard that is generally fixed in SUV's or some swifts for style..
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    I think he means those black strips that are put at the corner of the bumpers.

I would advise not to put nything, it would spoil the looks of the car. But thats just a personal choice.
  4. Are you referring to bull bars by any chance? If yes, then read on.

Firstly, the bull bars prevents the bumper and the engine bay from absorbing the impact, and thus it increases the damage to the cabin and passengers rather than protecting them, in during a collision.

Bull bars kills pedestrians and may be, occupants too! I guess that's a good reason why many people, including me, advice against fitting them in vehicles. Infact, they should be banned!! The have absolutely no place whatsoever on a vehicle outside of a forest.

Remember, bull bars are not needed at low speeds and they cause more harm than good at high speeds. Please say NO to bull bars. Please...
  5. yes, i was referring to bull bars,Thanks all for your quick inputs really valuable
  6. :)

So will you be fitting bull bar in your car? :confused1
  7. kailashnj

kailashnj

Mumbai
    Don't fit a bull bar onto the car. They will only harm the car in an accident. The bull bars are generally fitted onto the chasis of the car and in an event of a frontal collision even at slow speeds, they will bend the chasis which will be too costly to fix rather than only the front bumper that might go in same speed without the bull bar. Its advised not to install the bull bar.
  8. I am not going to fix the bull bars, thanks all
  9. Reisender

Reisender

Chennai
    To add to list of 'why one shouldn't fix bumper'
    Considering you have emotion pack, which has airbags. The sensors of these airbags were inside the front bumpers and there is a considerable change that it may not work when it is needed the most.
    Too bad isn't it
    1 person likes this.
  10. Bang on target, i think this is a valuable point