1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bulge on the Front left Tyre

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by ccprakash, Oct 11, 2013.

1. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Hi - Have identified the small bulge on the front left tyre. Iam keeping the tyre pressure at 34. Punture shop guy told me to rotate the tyre to back. He is saying it will cause problem while doing the hight speeds >100+. Is it really a problem ? Bulge is there but i didnt find any problem in the tyre condition. Can i rotate the tyre to back or do you want me to use the 5th tyre?
  2. What brand tire it is? You can ask tire dealer for warranty.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Better to keep it as Stepney (5th tyre). Driving with bulge tyre is risky.
  4. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Its Stock Tyre(Appollo)
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Bulged tire = compromised tyre.

Move it to the spare wheel or just discard it. Safety first and taking a chance is just not worth it.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Then i need to remove the tyre as 5th is not an alloy. Anybody know good tyre shop near whitefield.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Is the spare tyre the full size 195/60/15 or the 14" "donut"?

If it's the full size, just remove that from the steel rim and install it on the alloy wheel. Keep the bulged tyre as a spare wheel only in case of emergencies.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have seen one, very near to Forum Value mall, just at the curve/turn, towards Marthahalli.
    But I have not used its service.
    1 person likes this.
  9. You can exchange it for new tire,usually tire dealers will be ready to do that with discount on the new tire.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  10. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    If the damaged tires are brand new, you can very well go for a warranty claim. If old, they'll reject the claim as external damage (accounted as wear and tear) due to high speed impact (stone pelting).
    When it comes to tire damages, please do not take any risk. Get it replaced with the spare wheel to avoid burst of tire at high speed.

34 psi when cold or warm? It's always advisable to stick to recommended pressure levels. There must be a reason behind the tire manufacturer's suggestion.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013