1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Build Quality Vs reliabaility

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Sep 21, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I liked the engine specs of Nissan Sunny Petrol. 99PS and 134NM torque from 1.5 ltr Engine.
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

Though very much reliable, most of the Jap cars are boring - exceptions of this are few models from Nissan, Mitsu and Subaru) but on the other hand, European cars are more involving to own and it is just not a drive but an experience.

A similarity can easily be seen on bikes too - while Honda, Suzuki etc makes superb bikes which goes on and on, there are not as involving as Ducati,Aprila, MV Augusta etc. In the low level, no need to look further than our own Bullet vs the other bikes. There is no other bike which gets you emotionally involved like a bullet.
  3. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Here is somethin about reliability......My Fiat Palio NV.....87000+ KM ...5 years.......regular service....never stranded on the road.....apart from 3 tyre bursts on highway due to aggressive driving .....

If you don't take care of the car and then blame the car for not being reliable ...who's mistake is it......
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Something I keep saying: How the car treats you depends on how you treat the car. The make little matters, be it European, Asian, or from any other region.
  5. Entire Maruti range of diesels use Magneti merrelli ECU's, if the electronics are so unreliable from european cars Sunzuki wouldn't have used them in their cars.

Fact is these new age FIAT engines are on par with reliability if not more than Jap, I don't rate Korean in the same league as Jap.
  6. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    Linea T-Jet
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

In our family we owned Matiz, Spark , SX4 , Dezire, 800, Palio, TJet

I have seen Palio going down twice and Matiz once, I must accept Marutis are reliable.

Given a choice, anyday I love driving Palio/TJet. I do not like to drive boring vehicles

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

adding to the bikes list, Suzuki had Shogun and Yamaha had RX-100, RD-350
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    then also count the sales of japs/koreans against europeans in india and see the ratio
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    uno petrol. 13 years done 205000 kms and still running. and not just running, running very well. only two breakdown 1 was a broken timing belt (which was of course over due but went unattended) and the other was the clutch plate failure at 1,20,000kms, which is quite obvious to fail.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Thats wat a F/I/A/T is!! Above reported breakdowns would occur if proper care is not taken.But one thing about FIAT/Italian engines are they are quite durable and reliable.Buddy u have a priceless machine take good care of it!!!