1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Build Quality Vs reliabaility

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    beause of the following

1. build quality
    2. designs
    3. drive quality
    4. handling
    5. passion

for the above all we overcome the reliability factor.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    We cannot generalise in this aspect whether a Japanese is more reliable or an European one. To generalise is to lose sight of history and facts.

Toyota and Honda have made some of the most reliable cars on the planet , and so have Mercedes and BMW. Everyone has a bad apple once in a while and that is acceptable when you produce lakhs of cars in an year.

That said, if i were to pick any car to go wherever i may want to, my choice of vehicle would be a Toyota HDJ81 (Better known as the 80 Series LandCruiser) . Since we can't get it new anymore, so i'd be happy with a Toyota VDJ76, commonly known as the 76-Series LandCruiser. :)

Cheers.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    if you are talking about the following

1. build quality
    2. designs
    3. drive quality
    4. handling
    5. passion
    6. reliability
    7. safety

my pick is what you see in picture...LC
    I had been driving it infrequently since last 2 years nothing i have driven came near to it so far.

toyota.JPG
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    If Japs & Koreans make such reliable & good cars, why everybody longs to buy a Ferrari/BMW/Merc/Audi ? All are European cars.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Same reason why every other guy from a peaceful village want to live and earn in a congested metro city even though he had a good life in same village.
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    So one should stay in his/her own village and not venture out & we should stick only with Maruti/Hyundai/Honda ?
  8. Guys somewhere i read about Japanese/Korean cars v/s european cars earlier. IIRC the report said japanese and koreans are good in electornics which means you wont see any problems related to electornic system in the cars usually. While europeans are a bit poor on this, that said the report also said that engine, luxury and design are something jap/koreans can never beat Europeans.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Holy Moly. That's a VDJ78 or HZJ78.

PM me some more details on how it landed in India and some pics. I'm a big tym LandCruiser devotee. :)
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Buddy even on the engine reliability part Japanese are at par or better than Europeans . Toyota has got one of the Best Engines and one eg I would like to share is if you go to middle east you can see very old Toyota's still running young. Maybe the whole car body might have gone out of shape, but the engine still runs like a charm. Even that is one case why they have chosen it in the Taxi segment. Another example would be the desert drive or dune bashing. Here too you can see only Toyota's or say 95 % Toyota s. It's the engine reliability & stability part which is still holding them. After experiencing a drive in the Land Cruiser through the sand I have also become a die hard fan of Land Cruiser. My next choice would be a Nissan Patrol when it comes to power. These all are Japanese makes.