1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Build a Garage

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Cubbie, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I searched the forum couldn't find a suitable thread, hence this new thread !.

Hi All,
    I am sure like me there are many others who would like to own a garage and have all necessary hardware and tools to maintain automobiles we love be it a 2 or4 wheeler.

i live in Bangalore and would like to setup one along with like minded people, although this will be my weekend hobby only for now.

Need your help to understand what it takes to build a decent garage, tools, hoist, water jet, etc and finally costs associated with all these.

Thanks much in advance !
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    20+ views no suggestions !!! Hmm. :confused:

How much space is an ideal space for a hobby garage ? As i live in Apartment complex, i dont have any space.

i was thinking of 10x10 feet as minimum space required to take one car or a bike and work on it.. Might too tight.
    Else, i have a 30x40 site of a relative who might give it on rent for 2-3 or more years, but its an upcoming residential area, security might be an issue as not many houses or establishments around !

There are great tool vendors in bangalore, SP Road and Commercial street, they deal with customized and as well as branded tools like Stanley, Bosch, etc.

Few snaps from internet about my idea of a hobby garage.

Purpose Of this garage : Auto enthusiasts (friends) can make use if their spare time to do some constructive(bit of destructive) work, restoration, or for simple work such as oil change etc.

As we progress, This can be made into a pay and use type facility and as we mature to handle complex engine work, including mods, we can propose to run this as professional service (may be in few years time).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Perhaps you should wait for a like minded member to reply, lol.

Jokes apart, what do you want the garage for? A little more details would be helpful. What all work do you expect or intend to do?
    1 person likes this.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @cubbie I was thinking of the same past few days. Atleast a few minor repairs can be done by ourselves.

I am in bangalore too, and I would be more than glad if you can count me in :)

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Cubbie, After running through all types of cars with their repairs at several garages, ASS in 10 years of my experience i would also be interested in such venture as a hobby, if you could pitch me in..
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I would be very interested. have always toyed with the idea of having a DIY garage and opening it to enthusiast to use the tools and facilities.

Please count me in.

Rajan
  7. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Me too. It's my long time dream to have my own full-fledged garage. I am in Mumbai, so not much of a use to you, but the inputs in this thread will definitely help me.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I personally feel that one should not be called a mechanic but a surgeon . I'm expecting to see that kind of professionalism and that is what would set regular mechanics from others.
    All of us have seen guys who simply change parts or lie to customers in the hopes to make money but its hard to find someone who does extensive testing on his suggestions or is able to give the customer a valid explanation about the scenario, with self tested proof.

Now that's what i call a passionate car surgeon. I would have loved to join you in this endeavour but i'm just not there yet in terms of knowledge so I will acquire it first using my car as the test piece :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Dr. theBlack's Car Care Clinic.. ;-) just pulling your legs
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Ooo I so wish some day I will own a garage by that name

from HTC desire S with cynogenmod 7.2