1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BSNL complaints

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Dec 6, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry if I sound pessimistic (reason is, even I am a highly dissatisfied customer of BSNL). It is highly unlikely that the Bangalore team will solve to your satisfaction. It looks like who ever sent that email, their job ends as soon as they forward it to Bangalore BSNL. I don't think they will track to solve your issue.
  2. Problem resolved, they have had server change in last week, and failed/forgot to update the configuration to mobile phones,went there I saw 13 people with similar issues, finally customer care person called some back end guy and he sent an sms with new setting that resolved the issue.

Poor planning on part of bsnl.

It seem there are 40000 people affected by it and they have received 23000 complaints so far.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Great!

Who cares, as long as the affected dont complain?
    1 person likes this.
  4. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You would have worked out to find the ombudsman's number and/or email and included the name. The response will be too quick. I usually don't buy from BSNL but I felt that the speed of the BSNL data was too good when I used my friend's one than my current DoCoMo (May be it should be spelt DoCaMo - Don't Care More).
  5. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Chennai
    in my case as soon as i lodged complaint i got call from bsnl to my mobile , i explained the problem that internet light in the modem is not working then the technician asked me to come bsnl office with the modem , he logged in as admin and tried a lot , finally he said the modem is not working(I am having netblaster modem , it is only 2 months old) , he advised me to buy new modem . i came to home with modem i tried for 2 days, finally it is done. in my case the technician is not technically good.
  6. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

Bangalore
    I may be off topic with respect to the issues reported in this thread. I have requested for a telephone shifting to be done. The new house is on same road (cross). Just that its on other side of main road. Just a main road division and the exchange is changed. I can understand thats how the exchanges are configured but its been 6 months since I placed a request and till date shifting of telephone is not yet done.

Their (officials at BSNL) excuse, no available ports at new location and when I enquired the neighbors, all of them cancelled their landlines as its not required (most of them staying in own houses). 3 months back a guy came to check if ports available and said, he was contractor, and no way related to work. He is doing it to impress the officials in BSNL. He confirmed all is good and connection can be given. Then, after another 3 months, another under ground cable guy came and gave the connection. He confirmed that by evening connection will be given. Its been 3 days, no connection yet.

No wonder BSNL is running in losses. If they had proper functioning, with the network they have, it could have given large corporates run for their money. Every contractor who came said that, permanent folks are paid in 30K-40Ks (even line men) but hardly do anything and contractors have to run for everything.

I don't intent to hurt any BSNL employees on this forum or who have their family members in BSNL. I am just informing about what I experienced. Why all this info, I had to vent out somewhere. Hahaha :)

However, experience was exactly opposite for a new connection. Connection given within their mentioned SLA. I guess the post-installation service needs to get better. Atleast in areas where residential houses are more.

Hope BSNL gets their act together.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That is whole bigger problem that you have reported sandy. The problem is not with BSNL but with our lawmakers who don't want BSNL to grow.
    1 person likes this.
  8. I agree to this. This is a very workable line of action.
    I "had" to go through this line 2 times, after 2 weeks of inaction from BSNL Chennai side, and voila, once I put in the grievance, I got replies in a few days, and line was up in less than a week time. Yes, it could have followed its natural course of action too. But I noticed at least 2 follow up calls from Delhi asking about the resolution status and an equal amount from Chennai offices too. Never before I have got calls 'from' bsnl regarding complaints..
    So do try it the next time when you have an extended outage.