1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BS3 Punto for lower rate

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sdeepu2u, Nov 27, 2010.

1. If you are going to Factory visit you can drive other members Punto and check the linear power delivery funda. Am not a Elctronics guy not mech so have no idea how emissions can affect power delivery ::D
  2. Hey dude. I was given a similar off at Prerana, bangalore. Somehow ended up not buying a new car itself. I would suggest if the car is in a good shape( do a thorough PDI) go for it. There is no manufacturing defect with BS 3.

Advantage I see in BS 3 now is
    1) You gettin it for a lot cheap - forget bout the year of manufacture if you are keeping the car or long.
    2) Very very negligible diff in FE and performance infact no diff I guess.
    3) the earlier puntos were a lot heavier when they were launched so thats a grt advantage.

Later because of the cost cutting and more FE thing for Indians they cut a lot of weight in all the Punto models.
    I would say buy a BS 3, although old punto's had few faulty parts, like interior - few things fall off, box on top of the dash dont close properly, clutch slace cylinder, it all can be fixed within warranty. So don't wrry about it. I would say go for it. After all the first launces are always good, compare Palio, Siena etc when they were launched and then came the NV models. And now Punto and linea too. I would say guys who have the 2009 lot are the lucky ones.
  3. amolmane

amolmane Guest

there is differance of 100 Mtrs. between 75 & 90 Hp
    75 HP has 19.9 Km/Lt
    90 Hp has 20.0 km/Lt

Differance is due to VGT (Variable Geometry Turbocharger)
  4. I know 75bhp and 90bhp, but have you checked FE figures of BSIII down at the bottom? There is no 90 bhp in BSIII, why? So there used to be BSIII engines in '09.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I think Punto was "Euro-IV compliant" (European norms) right from the beginning (June 2009 onwards).

But the Indian certification was BS-III earlier. Now the certification is BS-IV. They might have made some changes to the catalytic converter on paper to show improvement in emission. ::V
  6. amolmane

amolmane Guest

I remember that,before April-2010, FIAT website had displayed FE figures of multijet was 19.6 (Euro-3)

Now Euro-IV version is indicating 19.9 (Euro-4).
    19.6 KM/Lt means it was Euro-III
    & now 19.9 KM/Lt means it is Euro-IV

& 90 HP is obviously Euro-IV