1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BS3 Punto for lower rate

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sdeepu2u, Nov 27, 2010.

1. sdeepu2u

sdeepu2u

Chennai
    Hi All,

I was told by a dealer in Chennai that they have a PUNTO 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack for 6.5 Lakh and also could reduce the price more . The punto is BS3 . I think I can take it for 6 lakhs . Is it worth taking .Please let me know your comments.

If taking for a New PUNTO what are the accessories that can be availed as freebies from dealer

One more question any comparison between Punto 1.3 MJD emotion VS Ford Figo Titanium.

Please let me know your thoughts

Regards,
    Deepak
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. amolmane

amolmane Guest

I do not beleive

As per my information, Punto MJD is BS-4 (Euro-4)

There may be a manufacturing defect in that car.

FIAT might have denied to replace the car.

So Dealer is trying to sell it by declaring it BS-3
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    ^^ MJD is BS IV and Euro IV capable. However, 2009 lot of Linea and Punto was tuned for BS III standards. There is no foul play in this. You can check the VIN of the car and assure yourself whether or not it is 2009 model. As far the question whether you should take it, it is entirely up to you mate. If BS III standard fuel is available in your city without a hitch, there no issue. IIRC, there should be no major problem in using BS IV standard fuel in a BS III vehicle, however, you must take expert advice for the same before finalising.
  5. amolmane

amolmane Guest

No Man no !

GP & Linea both are Euro-IV
    Only Palio MJD was Euro-III.

Here is an example
    Drive Swift DDiS of before April-2010 & after April 2010.
    Euro-III Swift has more spike as compared to Euro-IV

Because to comply with Euro-IV norms,Maruti have done little bit changes in ECU Firmware of Euro-IV Swift.

So Power Delievery is more linear in Euro-IV Swift DDiS .

Same formula about MJD engine.
    Drive the Palio MJD before April-2010 It has more surging power delievery than Punto & Linea.

Euro-3 engine :- More surging power more pollution
    Euro-4 engine :- Linear power delievery less pollution.

Though GP & Linea are launched before April-2010, FIAT has made them EURO-4 well in advance.

In GP & Linea,it does not matter the date of manufacturing of car ( I mean before/after April-2010)
    All GP & Linea are BS-IV even these models manufactured before April-2010

Deadline of April-2010 was for Oil Companies to manufacture Euro-IV Fuels.
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Amol, When Linea was launched in Jan 2009, it was launched as BS III complaint. Same for Punto in Jun 09. Although MJD and FIRE are BS IV complaint, the state of tune was left to be BS III. I bought my Linea in Oct 09 (it is Jun 09 make) and the form 22 issued by the manufacturer is BS III. It was only after Govt announced BS IV norms, state of tune was improved to match BS IV standards. Whatever the emission standards, manufacturer has to certify on form 22 before it goes to RTO for registration. Only after looking at the form 22, registration process is moved by RTO.

The point is, although engines themselves are capable of reaching BS IV (even Euro V IIRC) standard tuning, prior to Govt notification, they were tuned to BS III standards due to non-availability of BS IV standard fuel. After the Govt notification, oil companies had to provide BS IV standard fuel in notified cities. If any manufacturer issues a BS IV form 22 prior to April 2010, he is liable for legal action.
  7. kaps is correct. Pre BS-IV MJD VGT was somewhere around 89BHP which was bumped to 93BHP if i recall correctly after tuning it for BS-IV fuel in April
  8. amolmane

amolmane Guest

atul

Let's go on Tunning.
    What is tunning ?

Tunning contains storage the values in ECU about engine parameters.
    e.g. Injection timing,Injection Qty,EGR open/close, etc.

On this parameters,it depends the pollution norms of engine.

If Fiat has tuned 2 MJD (Euro-3 & Euro-4) then ECU firmware must be differant .

When we connect ECU Examiner at TATA ASS,it shows only one option, Punto LA.

If there are two types of car (Euro-3 & Euro-4) then how ECU knows the differance between BS-3 & BS-4 car ?

If there are 2 engines (Euro-3 & Euro-4) then there must be differant ECU firmaware for those car.

In short ECU Firmware of Euro-3 car will be differant from Euro-4 car.

I fully agree that Palio MJD was Euro-3 at the time of it's launch.

But I never got information from anywhere (From Internet/Car magzines/dealer) that GP & Linea are Euro-3

Any way I will ask to FIAT & update the forum
  9. @amol when i was hunting for Linea the diesel one was rated at 86PS this was late Jan. After BS-IV norms were introduced it was upped to 93PS so definitely something has changed plus if you check this post you'll see the codes in VIN numbers have changed from BS-III to BS-IV.
  10. amolmane

amolmane Guest

To
    atulalvenkar

You are Right my friend. Mr.Narendra Sharma Production Manager mailed me & told 2009 is BS-III

It means BS-IV Punto may have more linear power delievery then BS-III ? as per logic if BS-3 Swift & BS-4 Swift ?