1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BS Motoring FTD Test Brio vs Swift 1.2 vs Punto 90 vs Fabia 1.6

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by vIjAy_kHaSa, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It seems technically accomplished actually where a viewer has actually driven a Punto & not pasting some para already mailed to him by his boss:mrgreen:.
    He has very smartly & professionally made it clear, this is how a car is meant to be.
    I can hardly see a line other contenders being mentioned on this foray.

But still confused where the hell he wants to go with 120 kmph in that 90 HP:confused:?
    The USP is high-speed capabilities & that's how it zooms out of the crowd.
    None the less, still the reviewer means business here. A very rare sight in magazines these days
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

nice article. It is refreshing to see a good article on FIAT after a very very long time
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

One of the most unbiased reviews about fiat after a long time :)
  4. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Grande Punto 1.4
    by any chance you have written the article ;) ...your name is mentioned there!
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I wonder if someone noticed these stats. There is hardly anything to choose between Fabia 1.6 & Swift 1.2 vvt, LolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLol...!!
    Even 90 HP figures are hovering around in that 0-100 timings of these petrol cars. 90 HP is lagging by a very tight 2 secs in 0-120 km/hr from these petrol cars.
    Note: 20-60 & 40-80 timings are overlapped speeds hence total difference of 3.3 secs has to be less than 2 secs:smile:).

Honda Brio is a disgrace to petrol. Wonder how reviewer still manages to label it revv. happy. I believe it only revvs but doesn't move!! Brio's 80-120 kmph comes out 26 secs where it hardly weighs 100 kg:mrgreen:!!

Why the hell reviewer didn't try those 120-170 timings. May be not tried because of Brio. So what, kick that rabbit out & stick it where it belongs to. Damn! he should have taken the game into that top range:A.

(Fabia 1.6) 20 to 60 kph:4.14 sec,40 to 80 kph:5.76 seconds,80 to 120 kph:10.07 sec.
    (Swift 1.2) 20 to 60 kph:4.23 sec, 40 to 80 kph: 5.78 secs, 80-120: 10.59 secs
    (Punto 90HP) 20 to 60 kph:5.50 sec,40 to 80 kph: 6.83 sec,80 to 120 kph:12.35 sec
    (Honda Brio) 20 to 60 kph: 6.55 sec,40 to 80 kph:10.28 sec,80 to 120 kph:26 sec(Let's kick this puppy out the party):grin:
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

@ENKI, if we had to guess, what would the 120-170 figures be for all the four cars ?
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    170 too much to drive on indian roads...May be 0-120 Kmph speed is mostly preffered !!!

But above all ,yes should have considered 120-170 timings for this test.

i dont want to see ENKI sitting with timer:D when needle crosses over 120 Kmph

Chota sa Pyaara sa nanha sa....:razz: is it ?
    1 person likes this.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ohhh Ganges, dear bro, if 120 km/hr really makes the case with Punto here:rolleyes:?
    Don't know about other stuff but for 90 HP, at least once in a day it crosses 170 km/hr.
    More than twice the 160 km/hr & 150 km/hr marks & everytime the 140 km/hr it goes over 100 so didn't count:uh.
    hehehehe..!! unbelievable, isn't it? It does amost yawning when 2nd service is due@14900 KMs..!!
    Out of a total 150 KMs daily drive, all this happens when it only has 15 KMs of highway stretch to cruise & 135 KMs of locqal Delhi drive banging it's head from one end (Mundka) to other end (Noida).
    Trust me, this is a very rash/naughty car!!
    No discipline what so ever it knows:confused:.

Now don't raise your eye brow towards me like that pls i do nothing...
    i always promote safety, security & i swear, i am a very very..... sedate driver.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Enki bhai, we all agree that you are completely innocent!! Its the punto that does everything :devilface:evilsmile.
    It does to me too!!
    1 person likes this.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Shams, fact of the matter is "Culprit is FIAT only".
    Anything other than FIAT, it's like trying Bungee jumping with traditional nylon ropes instead of an elastic one:eek:!!! You can't imagine what adventures one will go through!!!

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Hardly any idea Shams. Too much for guessing here. But can surely comment on 90 HP's 170. Won't comment on the timings, but It catches 180 KMs anywhere around 1 KMs + 300-400-500 ms, whatever you take is.
    It feels like it is damn terrified of something & running for it's life. Man!! What's an emergency it shows:confused:!
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.