1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bruised my Linea's front right bumper

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by AmeyKhedekar, Jun 11, 2014.

1. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Linea Classic
    Dear Fiatians,
    due to an unfortunate incident, i had bruised my Linea's front right bumper and side panel on a mini tempo which was carrying iron rods/wires.
    the dangling oversized rods were hanging outside from the tempo with red cloth attached to it was not visible and i ended up bruising my front bumper and body side panel just below the right headlights.
    my car is having foot long 3 scratched on the bumper and a 3centimeter peeled off paint on right side panel below the headlights.
    the service center guy charged me a whooping Rs 10500 for working up the scratches.
    however when i opt for insurance i need to pay about Rs3500.
    my question is:
    1. should i pay Rs10500 and avail no claim benefit
    2. use insurance and just pay Rs3500 ?
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Did you happen to check outside guys and get the quote?
    The 3.5k should be on the plastic n fiber parts i guess with 50% reimbursement.
  3. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Linea Classic
    i only visited the service center as i am hesitant to let the regular garage mechanic working on my car.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

First request the mods to move the thread to an appropriate section. The present section is incorrect.
    Secondly request the mods to change the title of the thread, its misleading. I thought someone was hurt initially.

Coming back to your query. There is no point in not claiming Insurance since your NCB saved for the next year will be far lesser than the repair cost. Before you give the vehicle for repair, take a second opinion with a good garage who do the metal works for a realistic cost estimate of repairs.

Most imp thing, never ever drive behind the vehicles with rods/corrugated steel/wires etc. Try to change lanes and if not possible always mainatin a safe distance. These vehicles when suddenly stop can make the rods/wires as missiles.
    1 person likes this.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Agree with this.
    Once, I had got my windshield smashed by a sudden stopping Tata ACE carrying metal rods.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Please use Report Post feature for any moderation request.
  7. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Well my point is actually a bit different entirely , if you had / can still post a photo of the damage i would like to see if the work was worth 10,500 to begin with. At that price i just got a new bumper , chrome beadings , new tail light , part of the rear fender done as well.
  8. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Go to any BOSCH car service, they are pretty prof in car painting/touch-up stuff, which may hardly cost you max 2.5k... They will seamlessly match with your current car colour as well...
    Last month on of my friend did dent and paint job for his 7 yrs old FUSION-metallic green (rear right door and the rear corner), brilliant job, which costed him only 4k ...

Don't hurry-up, do a survey and take a wise decision ...
  9. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    10,500 is too much for this! I would suggest get it done outside at a private garage at maybe atleast half the price. Painting the entire bumper costs just around 3000. Accidental damage in my experience is always much cheaper at private garage's, you just have to find a good one.