1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brought home 'The Beauty Beast'

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by nethan, Nov 9, 2013.

1. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    Vehicle delivered yesterday around 6:15 PM.

Resgistration - Not Done
    Invoice Receipt - Not Received
    Road Tax Paid Chalan - Not Received

Insurance - Done (I did it personally)

Received all the booklets / mauals for the car.

One Liner - Got everything that was given by Fiat Directly. Got Nothing (Papers) that was suppose to be given by the Dealer - End -> Took the vehicle Home without signing any papers including Delivery Note.

My SA seems to be the dumpest guy in the world it seems :mad:. I never expected him to allow me to take the vehicle literally with no signatures.

P.S: A complete Ownership review will posted with Pic's of vehicle very shortly.

---------------

A quick question - plz help.

Requesting advice on 3M paint Protection and underbody coating.
    I thought of doing it may be after 6 months since it is a new car. please advice.
    Looking to buy Philips H4 Extreme Vision - suggest me a good Automobile shop near indira Nagar
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congrats, happy motoring.
    In future do not expect all people doing business to be honest.
    One should ideally sit in till every document is delivered,I believe(an example is my Dad getting his m800's RC only after 2 years 2 decades back, through consumer court's help, we couldn't even sell because of that)
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations nethan. But i think that you cannot drive the vehicle on road without those papers, you can land in trouble. IMHO, 3m paint protective coating is not worthy but do the underbody coating.
  4. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Bala and Sathishgv.

Any idea how much it would cost for a underbody coat? and which is better Either 3M or Wurh .

Thanks

P.S : just spoke to my Sa @ Fiat Caffe, and confirmed that Invoice, Extd Warranty is done. RTO Registration will be done on Monday. So I hope by Monday evening I'll get all my papers.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @nethan,

Congratulations on getting home the Punto. Can you fill in other details such as OTR cost, colour etc? Also we need a lots of pics please.

Regarding the anti rust coating, you dont need to go for it immediately. Fiat provided factory under body anti rust coating which will hold good atleast for a couple of years. If your car is other than white, then I would suggest to go for the 3M paint protection. This will give a glossy look to the car.

Dont worry about the papers. They will be given to you eventually in due course of time. I hope you must have recd the ext warranty certificate & booklet, RSA booklet. I had got the factory PDI report for my Punto from the dealer, you can ask the same too. Also ensure that you get the road tax, registration certificate and invoice copy from the dealer by getting on their backs regularly. RC will be couriered to you within 45 days of registration, ensure that the chassis no is correctly printed (Cross check with the etched no in the boot area)

Wishing you many more happy mile crunching and drive safely.
  6. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Ghodlur

----

My Car is Pearl White Color. Visited 3M Car Care @ indira nagar, Bangalore regarding underbody coating yesterday.

No proper Welcome. Enquired about the charges.

Packages available are
    1. Underbody coating with 2 year warranty - INR 1900 + S Tax
    2. Underbody coating with 5 year warranty - INR 3196 + S Tax

Quality of paint used in aforesaid packages are same. Only difference is, there will be a regular inspection/ checkup once in 4 months upto 2 years / 5 years. If necessary patch work will be carried out.

From my observation / experience it seems like a stratergy to bring back the car owners to their shop so that they can pitch for potential sales like make over for our cars.

For Maruti 800 did this antirust coating after 1 year with MASS and they charged me around 3000/- and I was told that periodic underbody wash during rainy season is all it needed.

----

Invoice, Extnd Warranty Certificate is ready and it is with dealer as of now. RTO Reg is due on Monday.

I've received Owner's Handbook, Dealer Network, Battery Warranty Card and Lock Codes Card.
    Is there something Extd Warranty Booklet and RSA Booklet ?. They didn't give me any such things. :eek:

Team plz tell me what are the booklets that you have received along with your vehicles apart from the Owners Handbook and Dealer Network Booklet.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    You will get the extended warranty booklet along with the certificate. Dealer network is the RSA booklet (thats what I was told). Any Punto ite got an RSA certificate coz I was told thats inbuilt with every Fiat car.

Ensure that the warranty details are entered in Fiat systems, many SA tend to overlook it.
  8. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    Should we call up the customer care with vehicle details to verify this?
    Or we should check in the service centre ?
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Get a confirmation from SA that the same has been updated in Fiat System. In my case I realized that the normal warranty details were still not reflecting in Fiat systems when I had approached the workshop for the door lock issue, hence no bill was generated since the Fiat system could not search my warranty details online. Or else drop a mail to Mangesh Kodalkar(mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com</SPAN>) if there is no response from SA regarding the same.</SPAN>
  10. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the input ghodlur.

Just came back from Fiat Caffe, and I was told that it would take another couple of days for them to issue my Invoice and Extd Warranty Certificate.
    So probably I think i’ll get those on Thursday along with Number plates.
    ----
    First add-on’s to my beauty Beast . Went to a car accessory shop in Ulsoor and enquired about floor mats. He quoted around INR4000/-:confused:. I always say a big no to these kind of spending because there has to be logical connection for the money spent on a product and its real value based on its purpose. Honestly Im not guy who opts for premium quality tagged products just because I can afford it. So went to Thippasandra Market yesterday and bought 15 Sq. Ft (7.5 L X2 W) PVC mat roll . Took the measurements on a newspaper directly from the car and then the mat was cut with the help of the newspaper measurements.

Total cost -INR 1350 (Rs.90 / Sq. Ft) .
    At first, I was told Rs.120 per Sq. Ft but brought it down to Rs.90/-. somewhere in Feb 2013 I bought this same mat for my other car at Rs.70/Sq. Ft – It seems that even my Car’s cleanliness is affected by inflation:A
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013