1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brought home Pearl White beauty: Punto Active 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by kookaburra, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Its more than 6 months of ownership and all we have is one snap of the Punto in the thread. Not fair man.
    Good to know that the first service went off smoothly and all the issue resolved. Although couldnt understand the head lights issue.
  2. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

---2nd Free Service---

Today I did the 2nd Free Service at Pandit Auto, Bavdhan. Details below:

1. Odo reading: 10073
    2. Timing: 10:00 am to 2:30 pm
    3. Total cost: Rs. 4865/- (Excluding wheel alignment and balancing)
    4. Changed: All the standard fluids as per the manual
    5. SA had added some "Service Plus" component. Politely declined it.
    6. Wheel alignment and balancing: Will do it outside as the alignment facility was not available at the center.
    7. Picked up a "Silver Body Cover" for my punto for a price of Rs. 1090/-
    8. After the service you really get "makkhan" feeling on each rev.

Hey ghodlur sorry for that! Will post some photos soon along with the small review.
  3. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Hi Guys,
    Started the vehicle in the morning and noticed that the door-open indicator is always ON.
    Don't know what's going on. Now I'm forced to keep my car unlocked in my office parking.
    Any quick idea or a workaround?
  4. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Today I was unable to start my 15-month old punto because of weak battery. Had to leave it at home.
    Any suggestions?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Normally, 15-month is too less to have battery getting weak.

Has your door open issue got resolved?
  6. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Yeah the MFG date on the battery reads 15th June.. so there should be no problem there.
    If I get it charged from a local mechanic, will it resume normally?

(I got the door lock replaced under warranty. )
  7. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Hi all,

It's long since I posted in this thread, though i have replied on many other threads.
    Off late, I am little miffed that I don't have enough running on the odo (just14k in 2.2 years).
    Also, I hardly make any highway trips.

Now my office being even closer (less than 5 km) and due to huge traffic, I dread driving my punto to office.
    I am seriously considering to sell it off, get a smaller used car, and then later think about getting a bigger car when I actually have to travel distances.

Would someone suggest?
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I don't see any point on selling your Punto. If your office is just 5 kms and is coupled with heavy traffic then I would suggest look for an automatic scooter. It would save you time and energy and keep your Punto for highway drives. Buying any other smaller car won't make a huge difference IMO.
    kookaburra likes this.