1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brought home a Linea MJD!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by AsylumKing, Nov 28, 2011.

1. AsylumKing

AsylumKing Timido

Kiel/Coimbatore
    New on this forum. Couldn't post on the "Introduce yourself" topic coz the dialog box just doesn't appear for me, so will do it later. Anyway, I have a Linea 1.3 emotion. Got it only a month ago and i've already done 2500 kms. So here are my 2 cents... Researched the Vento, Verna, SX4 and Fiesta. Thought i'd settle for the Vento until I test drove the Linea which was a last minute decision and there was no looking back. My test-drive was on September 23rd, Made the full payment on September 24th and had my car delivered on October 4th. Ha!! Underpowered compared to my father's Chevy Magnum but this car handles so so so beautifully. I travel to Valparai (hill station near Coimbatore) twice a month and it really does inspire confidence on those 41 hair-pin bends. Speakers were the only disappointment, but got them changed. My list of "to-do's" for now:
    1. Re-map at 5K kms
    2. Alloy wheels
    3. Full body kit
    4. Teflon Coating
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hey. Congrats and welcome to TFI.

Regarding the Re-Map, do you have anthing planned? Can you please throw more light on this?
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @ AsylumKing Full Body Kit on Linea???????????????

Details please.
  4. I would suggest you to wait until 30Kms for remap, because engine seems to be get better by months if not days.
    Teflon coating is nothing but wax why youwant to spend 2-3K on it when you can get the wax at Rs200.
  5. AsylumKing

AsylumKing Timido

Kiel/Coimbatore
    @ ramjin: Yeah, there's a place called Leela's auto house here in coimbatore. Its run by Leelakrishnan himself (rally driver). They do performance tuning and are into rally car racing. Sent a message to torque7 too requesting a qoute and for info on whether it'd be possible to help me down south here in Coimbatore.

@kedarbendre: Looking for someone who would be able to help me out with that. Planning to go meet "Tuners Inc." and "Kit-Up" one of these days to get some insight. They are well known for car mods here. So lets see if they can help.

@Sat: I generally wash my own car but this once I had the ppl at my parent's place in Valparai wash it - end result: Scratches all over the bonet and boot. Its heart breaking really. The same people who run Tuners Inc. also run Paint Doctors and so thought i'd go to them, thought the coating might help do away with some of those scratches to an extent.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Great post xplorauto.

That's a much needed comparo, with first hand experience.
  7. Welcome to TFI and Happy to See a TFI'an from Coimbatore.
  8. Welcome to TFI AsylumKing. Please do PM me your number, will let you know when the next coimbatore meet happens.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to the forum AKing. I have moved your posts from Linea vs Vento thread to this new ownership thread of yours. You can get the title of this thread edited as per your preference by reporting this post of mine or replying in this thread with a new thread title.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard Asylumking.

Leelakrishnan is a mighty respected name in our National Motorsports scene. Does he do remaps to these Multijets ?

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.