1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Broken ORVM

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by arjunr, Apr 11, 2012.

1. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Friends,

Been quite a while since I posted anything here . I drove down to Ooty last weekend for a fun trip and to go to the MAD Festiival . Saw a lot of Puntos from Kerala there :)

Just after Bandipur on a narrow single road my Punto touched an oncoming indica and both the ORVMs touched each other . The indicas ORVM broke into pieces :D The punto`s Mirror fell off and cracked into many pieces . After minor arguement we agreed the fault was on both of us and departed

The outer Assembly including the motor is intact .

Can I buy the inside mirror separately or do I need to replace the whole assembly?

I have currently taped it using transparent cello tape as I use the side mirror a lot while driving.

Can you suggest any shop in Bangalore where I can get only the mirror.

Thanks,
    Arjun
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes you can buy mirror separately and you can fit yourself also.
    I bought sometime back from Concorde Motor, Dairy Circle.
  3. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi . How much did it cost ?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't remember exactly, may be in range of 200-300, or may be less.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    The mirror costs Rs 278/-
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i bought the same some time back.. cost me Rs. 250+tax...
  7. Dear Vijay ... from where did you get the mirror .. I mean which dealer or TAS
  8. My right side mirror also came off during my recent trip to Kerala. The mirror itself (as in the glass) isn't broken, just that the swiveling part which folds has come off the mount on the door. It happened when I was trying to fold the mirror on a narrow forest road to let a truck pass, and the whole thing just came off in my hands. Only the motor wires were connecting it to the rest of the car. We found that a metal cylinder is what snaps in and connects the 2 parts (the mirror housing and the door mount) together. However the cylinder is held by a very stiff spring to facilitate the folding, and even with 3 persons trying with all our might, we couldn't overcome the resistance of the spring to snap the cylinder back in.

I am convinced that nothing needs to be replaced and it's just a matter of pushing that cylinder back in against the spring pressure using the right kind of tools. Have to find the time and take it to a dealer. Meanwhile it's held by adhesive tape. Has anybody else had a similar experience?

Deb
    2011 GP 1.4 EPk
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    200 rs is the cost...
    I had it replaced as well..
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Same here. When my wife's uncle was using my car for few days, a guy on a bike hit the mirror and it broke. I approached Tejaswi motors and they did not have it in stock. So got it replaced at Cocorde. The guy fixed it in a minute, but the sale and billing process took almost 30mins to 1 hour. One of the many reasons to be added in the list of poor service.