1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brilliant experience with Fiat's RSA

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Aceman82, Sep 12, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Aceman,

Thanks for sharing the experience. Kudos to Fiat and the RSA team who braved the weather and reached the spot to take charge. It is apreciable on their part to help out rival brands during the course of misery.:drinks

I think you or your relatives should take it personally to ensure that those open manholes should be attended ASAP by interacting with the relevant authorities. TFIian responsibility doesnt end with just reporting you see. Maybe put up boards warning the vehicles accessing the road.

Agree that the Wagon R did have some major damage coz the car must have hit the manhole at a speed. In your case it was more like soft landing since you knew the location of the manholes.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    It was expected that Linea will not get any damage with such impact at parking speed. I hit a speed breaker at 70 plus speed but nothing happen, car was running perfectly fine.
    I appreciate the RSA guys to promptly attend your car in that extreme weather, but then I think it was really required to call RSA for such a minor issue, when you know its just a matter of pulling your car out of pothole. one could have just secure your car to another car with a thick rope & pull it out. But ground realities might be difficult, when you called RSA.
  3. Aceman82

Aceman82 Timido

next ntibedm
    Thank you Ravi Sir for you kind comments.

I guess a combination of Small tyre size and soft suspension caused an hard landing. Lack of proper engine guard also did not help matters.

In the morning request was to neighbours to pull Coconut Tree branches, Thermocole's and other stuff to act as a warning which is done now. But this Port hole exists in all streets in this location on both sides. Nothing can be done till Corporation plugs the gaps.

Also I had no clue on the location of the other man hole. If I had known , I would have never fell into it in the first place :devilface .

To elaborate further, the road is a 40 Feet road in which these Man Holes/Storm Drains exists on the both sides , hence effectively reducing the road into a 25 Feet road. Plus these Man holes on the both sides of the road are exactly parallel like Train Tracks.

I saw the right side hole and hence decided to park on the left side but did not know that these Man Holes/Storm Drains are parallel to both sides of the road. The Wagon-R driver saw my car stuck in the right side and hence decided to avoid my car to move towards the right. Except for residents in this locality, for anyone else these Tank traps are all but invisible for all practical purposes.

The Wagon-R also hit the pot hole in parking speeds (less than 5 Kms i guess).

It was raining , plus there was personal tragedy and hence brain was not thinking straight or calm or in a Lucid manner. Actually only in evening , I checked if anything had happened to both the cars.

Plus I was concerned that there might have been some mechanical damage and did not want to exasperate the situation by trying any DYI stuff. Finally RSA is free so......;)

On hindsight , yes ...it probably did not need a RSA call.

[Edit]

Normally Fiat has a decent name in South of India and this shows up in the sales figures when 4 out of 5 dealers by volume comes in just 2 cities.

I think that this was Storm Water drains (not a pot hole) which were not closed after construction. Chennai has normally decent roads at when compared to rest of India.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thats a good start. Maybe an iron plate may be another temporay measure but as you rightly said unless the corporation resolves it once for all the issue might be prevalent. Do you have any means of highlighting the hazard to the Corporation, maybe over mails etc? Attaching the pics will have a forceful impact. Maybe contact the local media too to take up the issue.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  6. Hmm, see the repose of RSA. also the general perception about FIAT.

https://www.facebook.com/fiat.india/...52538798094116

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Well narrated :) Is this Nanganallur, Chennai , think is saw this in the TOI newspaper saying deadly pot holes ready to swallow cars and bikers can be thrown in the air if not seen, also in the paper was the wagonr photo in different angle is that the same car ?
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  8. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It was very sad to see that FIAT wasn't able to support at right time and not even bothered to call back the customer. I am holding a Gold membership in MYTVS 24x7 emergency services. I became a member when I was having my maruti esteem car and used when I required. It was very much useful. In 2010, when me and my friends were on our way back from Yercaud to Chennai (in 2 cars) after an official weekend program arranged by office, we met an accident near Ambur. It was a reckless driving by a Maruti Swift, one of our car rear ended with a Maruti Swift desire and my friend was driving his Ford Figo. No one got injured in that accident, but the coolent of the car is damaged and not in driving condition. So we have to tow the car to Chennai. Since I am a member, I called them and asked them to arrange a tow truck. They called me back in 10 mins and arranged a tow truck from Ambur itself. Before we complete our farmalities with police, the truck was there and ready to tow the car. We reached Chennai and with in an hours time, the car also reached Chennai safely to the body shop which we requested him. My friend was with us and no one was there with the car because MYTVS assured full safety.

In my opinion, if we also have some emergency services membership will help us a lot when it is badly needed.
  9. Can you please give more details of mytvs?
  10. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Following are the emergency phone numbers

1800 425 2002 (BSNL/MTNL Lines)
    6000 2002 (prefix state capital std code)

Once you become a member they will provide you a membership card with the number. When you call for the emergency, you can give the membership number and they will get your full details. You can visit to the site MyTVS -Complete Car care service center-Vehicle repair-India.

Earlier mytvs use to collect membership directly, but now they out sourced it.

It happened to me, one time I called them around 11:50pm (the day before I was driving from Chennai to Coimbatore in my maruti esteem), the high beem light was gone. Called them at that time, they came and checked my car and the fuse was an issue and fixed it immediately. It took them exactly an hour to complete the entire formalities from the time I called them. I found it useful and a member since 2006/2007 until now (only in 2008, I wasn't a member when I changed my car and thankfully nothing happened that time to my car, earlier I was a platinum member car and later moved to Gold membership since they removed the platinum membership).