1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bright Lights on Instrument Cluster

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by AmeyKhedekar, Apr 28, 2015.

1. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Linea Classic
    Dear Sirs

I am having trouble in my car.

I didn’t drove my car for 15 days, as I am still having my exams and there is no one in my family who drives.

My Linea is due its second service ( 12months) as per schedule in first week of May.

But today morning, my car refused to start. There were 3 warning lit up. And the engine didn’t crank. All the electrical- AC, horn, Music player works . but the engine doesn’t start.

1. Batterey low charge (red color)

2. Low oil pressure warning (red color)

3. injection warning light (amber color)

my 1st service of 6months was done at Torrid motors FASS. And next service of 12months will be taking to Torrid aswell.

My concern is, my car leaves its parking lot only on weekends and car is run minimal. There are no leaks of any fluid. But I had batterey issues 3rd time now. And in spite of minimal run , I am having low engine oil warning and ignition issues.

I tank up at neighborhood fuel station , and haven’t faced any fuel adulteration issues.

Can I believe that in my 6month servicing the Torrid performed their work proper, as its been 6months and I am facing this issue?

In this case, the car is not being started.

Should I call a local mechanic to charge my car battery and take it to FASS to inspect of the warning lights. ?

Last time I had called Torrid FASS if someone can come to my place to charge the battery , they said they don’t come and the car needs to be towed, so I had called local mechanic to charge the batteries.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    You need to ascertain two things, the battery warranty if any and also check if the music system or other accessories etc. are drawing-up extra current from the car. Please take it to RS Motors and speak to Michael for appointment and see that he personally checks-up the car electricals. There is no reason the car should not normally startup every week without trouble. But maybe it also needs some occasional spins to charge up the system too. FYI, RS Motors is also a Fiat authorised service center/point.

Torrid is a busy workshop and does not have the personalised attention needed for a car unless you have a special rapport with the support staff.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    AmeyKhedekar likes this.