1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bridgestone MY 02 tyres for sale

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by DRIV3R, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Tyres have run 6k kms. No punctures except for the ones on the sidewall caused by vandals.

Tyres can be used on Punto or Linea with tubes. Can easily go for 30k kms atleast.

Size 195/60R15
    No of tyres 4
    Cost 2.5k per tyre

Pickup from Chennai only.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
  2. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

dear, any specific reason for sale?
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I didn't want to run with a tube inside hence bought Continental Premium Contact 2 for my car today.

My car was vandalised by moronic shitheads and a pin was used to puncture all my sidewalls.

4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

No offence,but these tyres should go for Scrap value.
    No one would want to run tyres with Damaged sidewalls,and with a tube inside.
    Best of luck for your sale.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Thanks.

Those are not damaged sidewalls per se, there are pin holes in them which is deflating the tyres slowly and hence cannot be used as a tubeless tyre.

This sale is not for people like you maybe, it is for people who are on a shoestring budget and want a good tyre which they can compromise with a tube in it. I remember some TFI member asking for some second hand tyres as he was on a tight budget. This ad is for fellow members like him.

I know enough about cars and tyres and let's not make this thread lead somewhere else!

6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    If I am not confident on reliability of tires for my personal use, then i would not suggest it to others.
    Someone's life might be at stake...
    1 person likes this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Am not looking for opinions and so can we please stop pouring in opinions?

There are no reliability issues as told to me by the tyre guy, only that the air will be lost during a puncture as quick as it would in a tubed tyre. I went the new tyre route just because I had CCTV footage and would have got the compensation from them with the help of law. Else my car would have still got those tyres with a tube.

So can we please keep mum and stop passing personal comments?

Am reporting this post for the mods to close the thread. I do not feel like selling the tyres after seeing fellow TFIans seeing things with a wrong eye.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  8. ^^
    Please cool down.

I ran for 7000 kms on damaged sidewall repaired by local tire vulcanizing guy.Mine has almost an inch cut but tire guy took the tire to a retreading company got 7 sq inch soft rubber fused to the side wall ,fit an finish was neat.Yes i was able to use it as tube less tire.
    I don't think small holes is cause of concern if one is using it with tubes.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Please understand that when you post in an open forum, you are bound to get public views.
    There was no personal attack on you, it was just an general opinion.

If you could have uploaded supported pics and gave better details about kind and number of punctures the tires wall suffered, it could have given better understanding. Otherwise in general it safe to assume if something is broken at first place it can be cause of disaster in waiting.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Still it is dangerous Sat,i had horrible experience with side wall vulcanising.i learnt from my past sidewall cut,throw away the tires,not at all safe.

vulcanising.jpg

That was Gt3,which ran just 5000 Kms
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.