1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Breaking News :

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bnzjon, Mar 1, 2011.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I am more worried about the minor accused in the rape case. The maximum punishment he can get under law is 3 years and that too in a juvenile home. From press report's, he was among the most brutal in attacking the girl. Everyone wants the criminal justice system changed and stricter laws but no one is talking about revamping the Juvenile Act. The first step is to classify a juvenile as someone under 15. Currently, 18 is too old to be considered a minor. This guy, at 17 1/2 years of age, has proved that beyond doubt. What this guy has done doesn't qualify him in any way as a child!!
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Gurjinder.
    What you said is correct I accept.
    I am not blaming the judiciary. I am looking at a specific situation.

How the same judiciary allow a lawyer, with knowing completely knowing the crime done by that person, still advocating for the criminal to allow him to escape from his involvement. Again as you said still it get proved he is innocent and so the lawyer also. I am not telling that the lawyer also part of the crime as there was uncertainty in whether he should be given the punishment or not. But there are cases where there is no such uncertainty like for example a rapist approaching the lawyer and telling all truth. What the lawyer can argue is for the extend of punishment. But lawyer cannot help him in proving that he hasn't involved in it. If it proved that he has involved and if such involvements are known to the lawyer, who for the sake of huge money offered by the criminal, try to escape him is not eligible for that position. Once it is proved that way he should be throw out of that profession.

When the two parties are Rich(Influential) and poor the current system give a chance for the Rich to escape.
    I still feel what we see as fair system is not fare. Only way the culprit to approach the court with the help of a lawyer should be to compromise on the intensity of punishment.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Aruna Shaanbaag a nurse raped by a wardboy in J J Hospital Mumbai
    Aruna is in shock & couma from last 35 years. Staff of J J is taking care since last 35 years.
    Accused sentenced for only 7 year imprisonment.

Media reported that accused is still working in another hospital of Mumbai by changing his name & identity
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Those who remember the college days know how freely people use slangs constructed out of mother and sister and how they are using it.
    What kind of culture it is. I could here this every where by all kind of class. They never think what they are talking.I really feel like giving a slap every time I hear people saying this. Even some films also use it freely.
    Until and unless society changes from roots the attitude towards women is not going to change
    1 person likes this.
  5. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Diesel & Power Prices to go UP

Read this in ET today - this has been going rounds in the Govt.

Kerosene and Diesel to increase by Rs. 10 in phases.

Read here for more details.

So is the case of Power Tarrifs as well - likely increase of 20% over last year. More here on this.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  6. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet

Yes livelyyoungman its on the charts, already this month 1 rupee raise on diesel expected by 15th
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Petrol prices to be raised by Rs 1.50 a litre and diesel by 45 paise a litre.

Source

Rajan
  9. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is already raised Rajan ji. Today I filled in the tank for 52+ rupees compared to 51 something earlier.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Strange. I paid Rs. 74.24 per lt petrol today morning, same as last week. Is the price change now instantaneous, without waiting for midnight?

Rajan
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013