1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Breaking News :

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bnzjon, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement from ODI, finally. :)
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    It will be good to see him concentrate on test cricket. i wish he stopped playing ipl too!!
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Let us hope for the best.

Some statistics :) -

- 37 short of 500 ODIs
    - 1574 Runs short of 20k
    - 4 short of 100 50's
    - 1 short of 50 100's
    1 person likes this.
  4. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    2 people like this.
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Seeing the frequent crimes against women it looks like one has to support death penalty and even much higher level.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

What social reforms ? People need to be cultured while being brought up. For this to happen , the parents need to inculcate values in the tiny tots. Just an example of how distorted todays life is when the whole family watches films that were almost "A" certified during our times, but it is just normal these days. Nowadays, it is the fast food culture that has taken over and none is willing to wait for the designated opportune time. Children are encouraged to grow and perform faster than normal and their talents are appreciated and accolades given. Sometimes there is a price to pay for all actions.

Abdul
    3 people like this.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I was also of the same opinion until i had a discussion with a few friends...
    If a death penalty is the punishment then the rapists wont hesitate to even kill the victim just so that they can shut everyone's mouth..
    So there is no 1 perfect solution.
    1.) The law must be made more stringent.
    2.) Policing has to improve A LOT
    3.) Education and social living needs to be encouraged a lot in India...

When i was in the US , a neighborhood was considered a real neighborhood and the residents would report any small issue to the cops , I've seen so many folks calling 911 for someone elses issue ... Here in india we dont even bother to look at a blown street light and call the concerned folks, always waiting for someone else to clean it up for us and we talk big.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ This is what I was also referring to, Abdul. Every one is stakeholder in this. Ourself, Government, educational institutions, and so on.