1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Breaking News :

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bnzjon, Mar 1, 2011.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I dont know whether i should start a separate thread on this or not..
    See this atrocity by bangalore police which was posted by a man on police's fb page yesterday. you can see the photos of him in the fb profile link in that note.
    Clear cut case of ego clash of the jealous cops , if we raise our slightest of voice against them, be ready to face dire consequences.. this is their shout against humanity !!
    Photos of Bangalore Traffic Police | Facebook

Interestingly, i also bumped on this page which was started some time back !!
    https://www.facebook.com/factpeoplebanglore
  2. Read this news a day or two back,thess incidents are very common here in Bangalore,these traffic cops used to stop my vehicle when we used to return from late night shows@PVR,and they asked me to blow on the gadget a couple of times,I never drink and drive,they used to get annoyed at having wasted their time for nothing,so they moved to the next step of harrasment by asking PUC cert,my license till something in the list which was not present with me so that they can ask for bribe.
  3. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Quite a few times I have driven home late night after a movie or after a get-together at a friends' house. I never faced such harrassment. Couple of times they had asked me to blow the Alcometer. They normally let you go when they feel that you driving with family and are comfortable being checked. But if you stop and question "who are you to check me", you are likely to get into trouble. Not supporting voilence from the cops, they have no right to do that. I think he should have filed a complaint then and there, at least after his friends came to help him.

When I see police waiting at a distance, I immediately lower the driver-side window, so that they can see me clearly, not because I am an important person, but because I am unimportant.
    And most importantly, I dont drink and drive.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    2 people like this.
  5. venka

venka BANNED

Fiatlover ,

Well said. Its the same case with me. I have almost every week end I blow the alcohol meter and go comfortably with out any hassles. If i am alone or with family it doesn't matter .

There are flaws from police end as well with out a lady police they should't question a lady driver to blow the meter.

There is always a two sides of story , we have seen or heard only one side of story. what about the other side of story ??

Note : I am not supporting either police or the victim.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah, it is obviously because of that, the babus doesnt like anybody raising their voice against them. here also the same has happened. But when this guy posted the same in the bangalore traffic police page, the first comment was by police saying that an official complaint has been registered and its details... atleast appreciate them on this , but we have to wait and see if anything happens in that direction or was this just a gimmick to put dust on the eyes of ppl following this in FB.

A similar thing happened to another friend from pune, he was stopped coz he was riding a big bike ninja and was questioned a hell lot about the riding gears he was wearing. He replied to them and showed his papers. But when he saw no other vehicles are being stopped, he questioned them back why those lidless riders are not caught , why he was the only victim ? Result: he was taken to station and charged for indecent behavior to police and disobedience of orders/instruction to police.
    Never get into an argument with police if you are in india..... this is hell !!!!!
  7. Being an outside registered vehicle sure does draw more attention...
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It used to be like that in the past. I dont think the situation is that bad now. My bike is TN registered, and I have been using it in Bangalore for years now. All I did was to pay the life-time KA road tax within six months of moving to bangalore. Whenever you are stopped, just show the tax paid receipt. I always keep the standard vehicle documents set when I drive.

BTW, I think we are deviating from topic...
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Barack Obama wins second term.
    1 person likes this.
  10. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai

Lucky fellow Obama :D