1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Breaking News :

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bnzjon, Mar 1, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Similar to the case in point this example also could just be a case of media highlighting less relevant part of the news more!!
    there a small difference in this example! students' education is paid by their parents/elders but car owners pay fine from their pockets mostly unless driver is involved :):)
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

The point here is how the protector/guardian respond with the people, whom they need to protect.

Traffic department need to protect the road users/ Institute need to protect the interest of the students

But they fail to do so because some are violating the rules/Institute fail to do because some students are deviating from their work

Traffic department find a solution to punish the rule breakers by imposing fine by targeting them by CCTV/ Institute decide to Punish the lazy students by imposing extra fee

My question is that do they bring the changes for profit? Source of money is irrelevant:D
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    You are absolutely right but the problem is that the traffic cops believe that their job is to fine & penalize driver's. In reality, the job of the traffic department is to ensure smooth flow of traffic but in India nobody has their concept's and common sense in place! :A

In Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, for years there were no traffic lights. Few months back the first traffic light was installed. From the next day, cops were standing behind poles and tree's waiting for someone to jump the red light so they can penalize him. The problem is for all the year's that there were no traffic lights on that junction, I never saw a single cop at that junction, no matter how bad a jam there was, trying to regulate smooth flow of traffic.
  4. sungoa2010

What you are saying has been happened to me in chennai for many times when I was new to chennai roads. They actually hide for people to violate and then suddenly appear to fine. Many places the traffic signs are blocked by the parked vehicles and we may take a turn which is not allowed. Instead of hiding they could have helped the people not to violate the rules.

I remember in singapore, where I used to press the button for pedestrian cross signal for fun.That time I didn't know the consequence and stopped it after my father explained the consequence, but I remember the cars use to stop there, even if the road is empty and the driver know that I have pressed it for fun. That much was the the disciplinary level of people there. For us we always like to be controlled.
  5. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    HI Guys, New update on Petroleum and its bi products :

Petrol in Mumbai will cost Rs 75.14 from today as against Rs 74.23 per litre till yesterday. But in Chennai, rates have been cut by Rs 0.97 per litre to Rs 72.19.

The diesel price in Delhi will remain unchanged at Rs 41.29 per litre but it will be raised by Rs 0.92 per litre to Rs 44.66 in Kolkata and by Rs 0.89 to Rs 45.28 a litre in Mumbai. But in Chennai, rates have been cut by a marginal 12 paise to Rs 43.83 a litre. Domestic LPG price has been hiked by Rs 19.43 per 14.2-kg cylinder in Assam, by Rs 9.16 in Bihar and Rs 8.72 in Maharashtra.

LPG will cost Rs 9 more at Rs 423 in Mumbai but there will be no change in the rates in Delhi where it is sold at Rs 399.26 per bottle. In Kolkata prices have come down by Rs 4 to cost Rs 401 and in Chennai by Rs 7 and end up at Rs 386.50. But the rates of domestic cooking gas have been cut by Rs 10.18 per cylinder in Gujarat, by Rs 7.01 in Tamil Nadu, Rs 3.86 in West Bengal and Rs 4.15 in Odisha. It costs Rs 405 in Kolkata and Rs 393.50 in Chennai.

Fuel prices recalibrated
  6. sungoa2010

current price in goa from web is 56.99:)
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Here in Kuwait also in city area there are still these stop buttons just below the Traffic lights on both sides of the roads, When some pedestrian press the button to stop the Red light glows for the Traffic and all the vehicle stops its a timer for 2 minutes as only one persons crosses the streets, But the Vehicles are stranded for complete 2 minutes without moving.. if the cars are moved a bit at the Traffic Red light and some Cops watch it then you are fined...
    But in Mumbai when i drive, at the traffic lights people just charge their cars to push forward as if they are on the race track. No matter they have the older models of cars which cannot zoom past.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Nation with 1.2 Billion population are waiting for one Lady decison on Fuel Hike!!!

Just read this disheartening story Petrol to cost Rs 5 more from Saturday, diesel to follow soon - The Times of India, Petrol prices will be hiked by Rs 5 from tomorrow , WOW what a great move by So called UPA govt!, Diesel price hike will be decided after the great Italian lady returns from her medical checkup, Nation with 1.2 Billion population should anxiously wait for arrival of an Italian to decide our fate, I guess India is the only country in this world to suffer like this, Incredible India!!
    3 people like this.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    The story says "Petroleum minister S Jaipal Reddy has denied reports of a petrol price hike saying there was no immediate plan to raise fuel prices." So there will not be a hike in petrol prices...
    It's like self consolation to citizens who first fear a hike and then hear that there is no hike, and some kind of "thank god" feeling follows. But we all know that at the nearest possible moment price will be increased.

There is no point in blaming UPA. Unfortunately, we dont have an alternative option for the center. And that is what makes UPA confident. Third front has disintegrated and only exists in the imagination of some of the leaders. NDA is disintegrated too, with lack of good leadership. Vajpayee-Advani era is over and the remaining leaders are bickering over issues, which they themselves are unsure of.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It would have been better to hike the price to 500 and reduce it by Rs5 every week for that feel good factor !!!
    Just saw in ET news, they were having an interview with some so called oil experts ( OMG) and his opinion was to deregulate diesel and hike the price of diesel by 5 whle reducing the excise duty on petrol by Rs 10 to reduce the huge gap between the duo. The comment which struck me big time was, "if diesel is deregulated, the people would get used to the undulations in the prices of fuel just like how petrol car owners are feeling now !! " Some guys just blabber something in front of camera and think about it later. Just imagine how the whole nation would suffer , diesel price is drectly proportional to travel costs by train, auto, taxi, trucks, majority of power requirements in most of the states, industries, and india will leap into the ditch they dug themselves. In one hand, the the prices of fuel goes on increasing and in another, the interest rates are perpetually rising with the PM overlooking it all helplessly(or not), even after so many criticisms are coming against him from all over the world. First it was the time magazine and yesterday, Washington post has put it even more interestingly the plummeting of indian economy and the weak PM !!

We should have guessed it when she vouched for pranab as the presidential candidature, second monkey in her hand, that the fuel price hikes in future will be a lot more easier, as he was the one who was always excited to hike the prices and getting the final signature for that is a lot more easier from now on !! :p