1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Breaking News :

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bnzjon, Mar 1, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
  2. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    International engine of the year - 2012

Good news, better late than never. Atleast someone in the GOI is thinking in the right way.

The International Engine of the year 2012 goes to "Ford 999cc three cylinder turbo.

The Fiat 875cc two-cylinder turbo engine is ranked 2nd in the sub 1 Litre catagory.

Source : http://www.ukipme.com/engineoftheyear/ieoty.php

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Good news, better late than never. Atleast someone in the GOI is thinking in the right way.

The International Engine of the year 2012 goes to "Ford 999cc three cylinder turbo.

The Fiat 875cc two-cylinder turbo engine is ranked 2nd in the sub 1 Litre catagory.

Source : http://www.ukipme.com/engineoftheyear/ieoty.php
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
  4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Prices as below ,

New Delhi: Current Price - Rs.70.24, Revised Price - Rs.67.78; Difference - Rs.2.46
    Mumbai: Current Price - Rs.76.45, Proposed Price - Rs.73.35; Difference - Rs.3.10
    Kolkata: Current Price - Rs.75.81, Proposed Price - Rs.72.74; Difference - Rs.3.07
    Chennai: Current Price - Rs.75.40, Proposed Price - Rs.72.27; Difference - Rs.3.13
    Hyderabad:Current Price - Rs.78.11, Proposed Price - Rs.74.89; Difference - Rs.3.22
    Bangalore: Current Price - Rs.79.61, Proposed Price - Rs.76.39; Difference - Rs.3.22
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    They were also planning to raise the price of diesel shortly and some restrictions for the LPG used at home according to a local news channel.
  6. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Some how the lines "the traffic police expect the collection of fines from traffic violations to go up from Rs 12 crore to at least Rs 60 crore a year under the new system" is negative. It some how doesn't reflect the purpose. Our purpose is not to increase the revenue, but decrease the traffic offenses. I hope for a day where there is absolutely no income for traffic department.;)
    1 person likes this.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Our purpose is to drive safe on roads and if they are indeed thinking about increasing fine 10 folds and start actually punching points against erratic drivers then this will serve purpose. However I've no belief on these guys and the system as a whole - lots of talk and everything is actually vapor!
  9. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    hey sun , collecting fines trigger all of us to drive some what descent and good too, but these guys with out infrastructure and other facilities they just put fine is not at all good ,In tnagar,velacherry if you see every place police are keeping fine or towing the bikes , my question is first provide descent parking facility and start fining , these guys are keeping every where No parking sign, do they think i need to keep my vehicle some 5 to 7 km away and go to tnagar its pathetic.

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

thats for sure no cameras will be maintained after a month or small storm
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My point is that they should work efficiently to avoid such situations and then fine those who deviate from rules. So if things work efficiently then traffic offense cases will be less. The should think that the new system will bring down the offenses drastically not about profit. If it is not bringing down think about other ways.The following situations will illustrate what I want to say

1. When there is a spread of some decease the government says we are going to deploy more doctors and medical staff. Suppose the medicine is manufactured by a public sector company and government says our profit will increase b these decease.

2. Consider a situation in which the failing student of IITs are increasing. They feel that the students are less focusing on studies and thought of doubling the fee for students for repeating semesters. If they think that this will increase their revenue it doesn't look good.

What I felt about the quoted lines is the same thing.:)