1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Breaking News :

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bnzjon, Mar 1, 2011.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Well what is simple anyway here? If petrol prices are hiked is that a simple solution? and for how long does this govt feel hiking petrol prices is the solution for the deficit?

See the solution however bitter it is has to be achieved.. What was the need to continue and stress the nation's economy to this extent when then know that increasing diesel prices would have solved some of their problems?
    Of course I'm not saying deregulate and give full control to oil cos. it it surely would have made a huge impact..

yes i agree that a bottle of water i drink ,a sheet of paper i buy will all be expensive. But it was OUR MISTAKE to let this happen..
    today you me and everyone is used to paying 13rs for a lt of milk tomorrow if the prices shoot up to 20 (in 6months) we blame the govt and we want subsidies for every thing , If diesel was deregulated the price of a lt of milk could probably increase to 20rs (in 6 months) fair enough but at least it will stay that way for a long long time to come unlike the former case where we see hikes every other day ...

I agree that we will all suffer, but you me have the ability to bounce back and live with it, and as for people who really cannot bounce back the govt has anyway not done anything so where is the question of doing anything for them now?.(There are millions of other ways to help the needy than to keep diesel prices low).
    This is all bull....
    They are simply begging right in front of us only difference is we need to give them alms whether we like it or not.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Let me start by saying life is not all in white and black, there are many shades of grey..
    Goa you say , Goa makes revenue from hell lot of things...
    1.) Liquor
    2.) tourism
    3.) shipping
    4.) Transportation of shipment
    5.) size of the state (to begin with)

Shipping is an extreme source of income, so they can afford to play around with things like VAT and other taxes to see what works best for people in goa.
    In a state like karnataka (where we pay taxes to both the state and center) how do you expect to blindly remove VAT?
    Please explain to me without taxes how is it that the govt will give you basic needs like roads, lighting, security, hospitals?? (of course none of these are even worth mentioning in India but they still do exist)....

Its for the govt to actually really think where they are taking this country be it any political party.. But unfortunately none seem to even bother..
    I'm not bragging but there were a few things I thought would happen by this year end w.r. t the indian economy ,last march and most of it has come true..

Now i honestly feel that we are in for some very bad times by Dec '12 ..
    Just hope the GOI proves me worng.

---------- Post added May 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was May 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM ----------

In a country where politics and castes are openly discussed and linked, in a place where everyone knows that if one is from a xyz caste he/she is favored more...
    If in a place where such things gain precedence over qualification and skill do you really think high of the people sitting in those 2 houses?
    Please be honest.

This is OT from the petrol prices...
    Today we have reservations for literally everyone and everything and all are so proud of this..
    I just want to ask everyone one thing..
    It is difficult to really make 1 freaking policy that goes like this..

All indians are the same. There are just 2 categories one who is rich and one who is poor..
    Advantage :
    (IF the govt does not again go in for lobbying only then possible)... Whoever he/she might be they will get the reservation everywhere from their birth till their death...
    If you are intelligent you will come up, if you are a knuckle head, poor or rich you will just pick dirt for the rest you're life..
    WHAT is wrong in this decision..
    All this bull that the govt talks about helping the needy and what not would they not be "actually helping the needy" but no one does simply because they have religion and religious sentiments to play with that we foolishly agree to...

PS :: IS what i'm saying exactly what is happening in the Private sector???? If one is a useless he is shown the door to make way for a more worthy candidate, many of us here are manager doing this day in and day out.. Why not the Govt?
    2 people like this.
  2. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    @ theblack : I am extremely sorry to have sparked such a violent reaction from you.

Boss, I retreat with the humble submission that this forum is not the place to discuss the macro economic situation of the country and the socio-political evils prevailing in India. I fully agree with you (and I have already said the same in this thread) that the root cause is not being addressed.
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I didn't feel it was violent.. its a pure discussion so i just poured in my thoughts...
    I'm sorry if you felt that i was actually reacting violently .. I wasn't :)
    All is good dude..
  4. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Breaking News : I dont know if this qualifies as one, but here in Bangalore, Prerana Motors conducted two back to back check up camps for FIAT vehicles. During the second check up camp, a lot pictures were being clicked and one of the fiat owners present there told that, Prerana is very much interested in being a Fiat dealer for Bangalore. My experience with them so far has been very decent.

I did meet some TFI members too. I cant recollect any of the names. My memory!:eek:
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    oh that is nice... Where is prerana motors btw ?
  6. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I go to the Hosur Road service facility at Kudlu Gate.
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

@theblack: They have their service centers @ Kudlu gate, old madras road and Peenya. I am a very satisfied customer of Prerana - every single time I have been there, I left with a smile on my face. Do read the last update in my ownership thread for an awesome experience I had @ Prerana motors today.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    unfortuantely all these places are too far for me..

[OUOTE] Swift caught fire, owner died[/QUOTE]
    WHAT IS THIS.. wow

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

this brings to light an incident narrated to me by my friend about our beloved FIAT..
    A good friend of me told me that his friend once had to do a panic braking ..
    (he was doing 120kmph and dropped to nearly 30-40 in a flash) and at that time his punto automatically started flashing the hazard lights and door locks opened automatically ...

No where is this feature written about..
    Such a sense of safety our beauties give us
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Unfortunate event.
    If we see how Punto/Linea is designed it is much safer than any other car in it's segment.
    Example FPS, manually operated tail gate, one control for door locking and opening etc