1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Breaking News :

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bnzjon, Mar 1, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Kedar bhai, who or what is this ICB?

Almost the whole of information is wrong and not factual
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    So does it mean that FIAT will be supplying engines to Maruti ? and chevy beat diesel..I dont think they will depend on FIAT for their engine.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @kedar

Take out Chevy Beat from that list.Chevy has manufactured(s) their own Diesel engine for the Beat i.e 1.0L Smartech 3cylinder diesel engine.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes Aaron my mistake.

This is confirmed with one of my friend who is working on Diesel BEAT. He said the Beat Diesel Engine is not sourced from FIAT, its a totally new engine designed by GM.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If it does proceed that way, then it'll be very distressing.

Imagine the SX4D , the Linea rival being powered by an engine built by FIAT themselves ! The waiting periods will go down as well.

I hope FIAT don't end up as mere engine suppliers only.

Gurjinder.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    If that is the case the only hope for Fiat is to have a unique engine option of their own which will only be powering FIATS and introduction of some new models. Else FIAT is going to have a tough time ahead.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Buying diesel cars? Get ready to pay more for cover

Ref:- Link Here

MUMBAI: Insurance premium on diesel vehicles may rise by 30% as insurers plan to compensate themselves for higher liabilities in the segment, dealing yet another blow to auto sales that have been slowing due to high interest rates.

General insurance companies, facing steep losses in motor policy claims, also plan to factor in regional behaviour on claims to finalise premium, said two people familiar with the development. This will translate into customers in north India paying higher premium for damages and customers in the south paying more for third-party insurance.

"An individual travelling long distances mostly chooses a diesel vehicle, leading to higher exposure to risk, which may increase the premium," said Vijay Kumar, head of motor insurance at Bajaj Allianz General Insurance. "Fuel has become an important rating parameter with the growing preference for diesel vehicles."
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum