1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Breaking News :

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bnzjon, Mar 1, 2011.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat bring the Linea 1.6 now !! It's high time. 1.6 is the benchmark now. 1.3 & 1.4 are a thing of the past
  2. Singer K S Chithra's daughter meets watery grave

The Malayalam new year began on a tragic note for singer KS Chithra and husband Vijayashankar whose only child, eight-year-old Nandana, drowned in a swimming pool in Dubai on Thursday. The incident happened in a villa in Emirates Heights where Chithra and family were staying. Chithra had gone to Dubai to be part of AR Rahman's music show in Sharjah on Thursday.

Initial reports said Nandana, who was differently-abled, had fallen into the pool and though she was rushed to the hospital, she was declared dead. The body will be brought to Chennai. "We are awaiting the details. We don't know what exactly led to the tragedy," said KK Menon, Chithra's manager.

Nandana was born to Chithra and Vijayashankar in 2002 after 15 years of marriage.

"Every woman wishes to become a mother. I was sad when we didn't have a child for 15 years. However, God has given me another blessing. So, when I sing, I forget my sorrow. My mother was sad and used to pray a lot for me. However, she was not alive when Nandana was born," Chithra had said in a recent interview to a women's magazine.

Nandana was a Class I student at Chennai.

"She is very fond of songs. She sleeps listening to songs like 'Paatupaadi..', 'Omanathingal kidavo..', 'Kannum pootti...'. These songs have been recorded on CDs for her when I am not around," Chithra had said in an interview.

Despite her daughter's special condition, Chithra was bringing her up like a normal child, a close friend of Chithra said. "She was extremely close to Nandana. I don't know how she is going to come out of this," he said.
  3. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Extremely Sad news
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Felts very emotional reading this incident, My heart felt condolence to the family.
  5. Tata plans to open exclusive showrooms for Nano

Tata Motors, one of the largest car makers in the Indian market, is gearing-up to open exclusive showrooms for its small wonder Tata Nano in the smaller towns of the country. The decision has been taken after a runaway success of its mini truck Ace, which is currently sold at 600 standalone stores of the company besides the normal Tata dealerships.

In a statement given to PTI, Tata Motors Spokesman said, "We are exploring appointing full-fledged dealerships, only for the Tata Nano, in small towns." The company is however yet to announce the timeline of launch and the number of these upcoming exclusive standalone Tata Nano outlets in the country.
    While further elaborating the company’s approach behind these exclusive showrooms, the company official said, "The general approach of taking a vehicle closer to where the customer is, was a learning from the Tata Ace, which too, since its launch has been made available through dedicated outlets, in addition to our regular commercial vehicle showrooms."

At present, the Tata Nano model is available through company’s 617 regular outlets. Besides this, the car is available at 151 Tata Authorized service centers and 210 access points of the company.

Courtesy : Cartrade India

What about FIAT exclusive dealerships ?
  6. 1,001 jailed in Delhi for drunk driving, 44 for over 10 days

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...g-44-for-over-10-days/articleshow/8032472.cms

NEW DELHI: Be scared. Be very scared of mixing drinking and driving as 1,001 people have been jailed in Delhi in the first three-and-a-half months of this year for the offence, as many as 44 of them for over 10 days. Suddenly, it seems the cops have become deadly serious about checking the menace on our roads.

The law was made strict in September last year as it recognized that driving under the influence of alcohol poses a serious danger to others on the road as well as to co-passengers and the driver himself. The maximum punishment, therefore, is a stiff 6-month jail term plus a fine of Rs 2,000 for the first time offence, and a two-year jail term plus a fine of Rs 3,000 for the second offence.

But the police has so far been going easy, usually letting off people after a fine. Not any longer, it seems. ``In north Delhi alone, the district with highest violations, 411 drunken drivers were imprisoned, and in south Delhi 287 persons were sent to the cooler,`` says Delhi Police joint commissioner (traffic) Satyendra Garg. The figure for central Delhi has been 186, east Delhi 72, and west Delhi 45.

Apart from risking jail, drunken driving can lead to suspension of the driving licence for anything between six months and a year. ``We have suspended the licence of 787 persons. If a driver is found guilty of drunken driving for a second time, we will cancel his driving licence," said a senior traffic officer. Also, several cars were impounded when the errant driver had no one else to drive his car back home.

The police hopes imprisonment for drunker driving will be a big deterrent. ``We are not taking it casually and we hope people won`t take it casually either,`` says Garg. ``Many of the fatal accidents are a result of drunken driving but intensive checking this year has reduced these accidents by 51.02%.``

An alcohol-meter count of more than 30 mg of alcohol constitutes drunken driving. ``Usually, imprisonment can be awarded to anyone who has consumed 30mg alcohol or more but is usually awarded to those registering over 100mg. It`s the court`s assessment but most given jail terms of 10 days or more had had consumed more than 150mg,`` said a traffic officer.

He said people often don`t realize that they are driving after drinking too much. ``Many people we have caught have claimed that they were returning from an office party or family celebration and didn`t realize that one drink can land them in such trouble,`` he added.

As drunken driving is a non-compoundable offence — those caught are straightaway sent to court where their punishment is determined — it means a merry night out can have a very bad ending.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Good, Drunken drivers not only play with their lives but also risk the lives of innocents on the streets,
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mazda luxury car division infinity to chip in to the Indian market by this may...infact Toyota's Lexsus announced their venture in Indian market long ago still not poped in.....

9. Mazda, the Japan based leading automaker, is planning to launch its range of popular global portfolio cars in the Indian market. Mazda is known for introducing the famous Wankel Rotary Engine of its sports cars. The company now eyes to capitalize on the tremendous growth potential in the rapidly growing Indian market. The Brand Mazda has sold over 1.2 million cars across the globe.

In a statement given on Wednesday, Mr. Takashi Yamanouchi, President and CEO, Mazda Motor Corporation, said, “We have a bouquet of compact cars like the Mazda – 2 and sedans that are suited for the bulk of Indian customers who prefer small and fuel efficient vehicles.”

The company is now expected to mark its debut in the highly competitive compact hatchback segment, where its cars will be competing with some of the most popular cars of this segment including Maruti Swift, Volkswagen Polo and Hyundai i20. Moreover, it is also expected to launch a range of luxury cars in India.

Mr. Yamanouchi added that the company is yet to finalize its strategy for any joint venture or a fully owned subsidiary. All depends on the kind of cars that are viable for the Indian market.

http://www.cartradeindia.com/car-bike-news/mazda-cars-to-hit-indian-roads-soon-113763.html