1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Break liner damaged - Replaced under Warranty!!!

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by fiat_fan, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    I feel angry with Fiat service policies... The car was idle for 2 weeks and after that I took the car, and when I took reverse It doesnt move same like the hand break engaged. after that some sound came from back and I could move in reverse gear... but in the inspection TASS people told me that break liner is broken and need to be changed. and cost of it is around 3k They told me that breakliner doesnt come under warranty as these parts are undergoing normal wear and tear.
    When I said it was broken when I reversed the car, they told that we cant confirm the same.
    Our Punto now at 40k, is it normal to change break liner...?
  2. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    escalate this to higher management and maile the same to Mangesh also. If not under warranty then on the basis of Goodwill they will do it.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    We should have the parts under warranty coverage details released by FIAT. I do not remember seeing it on this forum.

See if you can request the same from Mangesh.
  4. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    can u please give the mail-ids ...
  5. Similar issue of brake jamming used to happen to me during weekend when i did not use the car for two days, Now i keep the car paked but engage gear lever than hand brake.touch wood i haven't faced problems since then.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    1 person likes this.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Always escalation is not helpful. One of our TFi member has got the clutch issue in 2k or 4k kms in 7/8 months of ownership. On rectification the clutch needs to be replaced.
    That was the shocking news for a new car.
    But the parts like clutch & break pads are the wear & tear parts which can not comes under warranty. So he talked with the higher officials of FIAT & after some discussions FIAT gave him 50% concession on the clutch amount.

If your case is like this then go ahead. You will definitely get a good benefit from escalation :)
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    The brake lining is fixed on the brake shoe. It is a wear and tear item. It happens sometimes. Chances of breaking are high if one initiates a move on reverse gear with hand brakes on. Is it worth escalation? your choice.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    If that was the case, I wont go for any complaint.. here case is different. I didnt engage hand break while parking or taking the vehicle reverse. The wheel got stuck automatically.. I dont know why it happend...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.