1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brand Perception- What they say about their cars...!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Surya, Oct 31, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sales people can say anything and everything and more just to get that car in the yard out and into the customer's home.

I accompanied a friend to a Maruti dealer to check out the SX4 diesel when it was launched, which we duly asked the sales guy to show us.

Now, this dealership had a Petrol SX4 Automatic standing there unable to find any seller. He told us that the diesel SX4 is NOT a good buy as the diesel maintenance is very high and there's no Automatic option in it either, so it's not a good buy. The petrol auto was pretty much the perfect car to buy, he told us.

Well, we quicky got the hell out of there.....
    1 person likes this.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

I agree. Fiat is only appealing (if at all) to Fiat Lovers. Let me tell you my story. I had choices like Vento TDI Highline, New Ford Fiesta, (newly launched) Sunny Diesel, Skoda Rapid, SX4 and the well-selling but not-so-easily available Fluidic Verna. There was of course the good old Manza. And mind you, I was upgrading from Dzire (that itself is shocking to some).
    Amongst all these, I chose the Linea T-Jet+. OF course I made my choice after careful consideration and research (including TDs). I was not a Fiat Fanboy as such, in fact quite the contrary due to all the popular perceptions. But each of the competitors salesmen grudgingly acknowledged that as a product, the Linea TJet was second to none.

I think Fiat has to get into the mindset of the middle class Indians (first time buyers/upgraders). They are not familiar with the product or the company. The current ads (TV) are a little too abstract to tickle the average buyer. They should show them such that the regular Mr Kulkarni , his wife, kids and their dog can show it off to his neighbor Mr Joshi. Thats what other car brands have succeded in doing. Today, if you buy a Linea or Punto, people will ask, did you not look at alternatives ?
    1 person likes this.
  3. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    This is perfectly true...I read the reviews in TFI and other sites without having driven any cars apart from driving school cars and made up my mind for Punto before enquiring about it to the salesman! Despite the information provided by him is very naive and his indifferent attitude I literally followed him and booked the car! And my friend who is well versed with all cars went straight to Fiat showroom to book his Punto. Fiats can sell by itself but only through certain level of maturity from buyers. All the sales guy should do is to do paper work properly and treat the customers with respect.