1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brand Perception- What they say about their cars...!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Surya, Oct 31, 2012.

1. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  2. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Today morning I went to Maruti showroom to check Swift VDI. I asked for any discounts in dewali season. SA said we dont give any discount ever on Maruti. Swift have 45 days waiting time after full payment. :eek: So he pushed for Ritz which I had no intention to consider.

Then the interesting part. I asked for a TD on Swift. SA said for diesel we dont offer TD :rage . Looking at my surprised face he changed his stance quickly and said the Car is with mechanic for an accident, will take 5 days to fix. I said okay, may be I will check that then. Then comes the Gem " Aap Maruti khareed rahee hai, TD ka keya Zaruraat hai?" :A:hit:boxer

I said, Gadi khareed rahe hai, koi aloo-tamataar nehin. I took the price quotes and left.
    6 people like this.
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Yesterday, in school, I was talking to my friend about my Linea (maybe I was boring him, because his reply was, "Yaar, kyu paka raha hai?!"). Then, another friend came. He knew we were talking about cars, he said, "What car are you talking about?" I replied, "Fiat Linea". He said, "Yeh kaunsi car hai?"

I was like :uh

I asked, "Haven't you seen one on the road, or in any advertisement?" His reply, as expected, "No."
    1 person likes this.
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Once I was traveling from Pune airport to home in a T cabs. T cabs in Pune are all Mahindra Veritos. I was impressed with the ride quality and noise insulation. According to the cab driver, " the Verito has Phyaat (Fiat) diesel engine, thats why its so silent and long lasting." :D
    Fiat cars may not be but the Mjd is definitely popular and praised in India. I never corrected him ;)
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

6. Maruti is clever enough to use these strategies of selling cars..For example the swift VDI has got very very inferior brakes compared to VDI(ABS),or ZXI/ZDI,most of the customers are not aware of it,and few are plain ignorant,those who insist on TD they get to TD the higher end(ZXI/ZDI variant) only,which doesnt give a clear picture to the potential customer that what they will end up with...And the Sales Executives make sure to add some silly facts like VDI is better over ZDI,as it is cheap,brakes are same,less waiting period and well not to miss their weird theory of airbags which will get deployed if even a mosquito sits on your car(pun intended),and they cost 25%of the cars value;)..:evilsmile
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    2 people like this.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Its like selling Pepper mint for kids or like hot cakes in the town no matter one of my friends at Garuda got huge incentives and bonus for sales he did..
  8. tps11

tps11 Amatore

After reading all these comments I feel FIAT Salesperson are the honest of the lot. Mine sure was.
    But other salesperson can get really creative to sell their products. Also I feel that a car salesperson shall be knowledgeable about the product they are trying to sell.
    Neverthless had fun reading this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Fiat sales persons hardly ever have to sell the cars!! 99% of the people who enter the showroom are well informed and have already made up their minds to buy so theres hardly any 'selling' the sales guys have to do :)
    This is exactly what needs to change for Fiat to gain market share. They need to atract the common crowd to their showrooms and sell their cars to them!!
    4 people like this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    How to do this? By changing the market(customer) perception. It requires heavy marcomm efforts from FIAT marketing dept. This would not be difficult if the execute the curent plan successfully. Celebrate the inauguration of each independant service station, making it a huge media event. Let the mass market notice that FIAT has changed/is changing.