1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brand New Linea MJD-Gear Lever wobbling in 3rd Gear

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Dinesh Reddy, Dec 31, 2014.

1. jadesh

jadesh Timido

Bengaluru
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I have new Punto Evo bought in Dec-14, I am not happy with gear shifting
    1) Gear shifting is very hard (I drove Figo, swift, and indica) non of these have this problem i can't imagine in brand new vehicle
    2) Gear vibration in 3rd gear, some time we could hear rattling noise.

Overall i am not happy with gears in brand new vehicle. I need to drive other punto's.
  2. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Dinesh Reddy
    Yes, I confirm that I got same rattling issue in my brand new linea MJD emotion 2014 in third and fifth gear@2200 rpm. Ankita motors, Hyderabad told me this is a reported issue and finding out a solution. I asked them to book an official complaint with Fiat.
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did you notice this issue in your Car or or any Punto evo. I have not driven Swift/indica, but Figo gear shifting was very hard for me when I drove my friend's new car.

Punto's gear shift is rubbery not hard.

IMHO, you should take it FASS for quick check and Compare the same with other car in the service center or TD vehicle.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. jadesh

jadesh Timido

Bengaluru
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Yes the issue is in my Car, I reported this to FASS and they applied grease hoping to resolve the issue by itself. I still feel gear shifting is hard when compared other vehicles. As suggested i will compare other EVo's. Thanks for your reply
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Ashok James

Ashok James Novizio

Tenkasi
    Tenkasi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I hav Punto 90Hp - I also hav the same problem in 3rd gear..
  6. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Even I have facing the same issue in 3rd gear only in my Linea MJD 2014. I have taken to service center once to SKY Fiat Pune but the issue is not resolved yet.
  7. jadesh

jadesh Timido

Bengaluru
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3
    As i understand there seems to be issue with gear shifting in 2014 MJD vehicles, is there way where we can collectively can we report this to Fiat?
  8. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @nkrishnap - Is there any chance to log a group compliant with FIAT.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    It is strange that many are having this issue. Sometimes certain anomalies do surface, but it could be a part of the bedding in process in a new vehicle. Need not be alarmed if it is a harmless vibration. It could settle down after a while. The powertrain is a complex marriage of manufactured components. I suggest that you guys wait for a while, reduce operation in that particular gear, drive on and while the rest of the components settle down, this may also resolve on its own,.. Remember that opening up an OE setting is not the best thing to do, as the refitting may not be the same

In my new EVO, I have also felt certain vibrations from the engine while accelerating and I did report it to the SC, but lack of time to visit them forced me to ignore, while I consciously kept the revs down under 2500 rpm, i can sense that the issue is being ironed out and it is almost gone. The parts are new and needs to grind itself to normal. I have done only 2.5K kms in two months. In my six years of owning Punto, i keep the visits to the SC only if it hurts the running and the symptoms are very obvious.

Its always the individuals call finally and what i penned are my thoughts only.

Abdul
    prabhjot and mangeshtendulkar like this.
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Dear All,

Touch wood , thank god no matter what phrase I want to use here the point is thankfully I do not notice this symptom on my 2014 MJD. My car is just 300 Km old and is this something that shows up after some more run.
    Thank you in advance.