1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brand New Linea MJD-Gear Lever wobbling in 3rd Gear

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Dinesh Reddy, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Dinesh Reddy

Dinesh Reddy Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi

I see gear knob rattling and making nosie in 3rd gear,dissapointed whether it is a defect in a 4 days old car or is it common in Fiats.

Does it lead to any technical problem in near future if i drive car with this issue or is it fine.
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    it is not common in Fiats, please get it checked from FASS
  3. Dinesh Reddy

Dinesh Reddy Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I got i checked at 2 service centers.

One of the service advisor tell me that its a common problem in 2014 vehicles.

Another SA tells me that we will login a complaint with Fiat as we have seen couple of such issues in recent past.

Finally FASS will login a complaint if they find any solution to it they will recall the vehicles and fix it.:(
  4. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @Dinesh Reddy I have 2014 New Linea (T-Jet Dynamic) and did not experience gear lever wobbling/ rattling in my jet. This is not a common issue, pursue FASS till they get a resolution.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Anshuman Sen

Anshuman Sen Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I had the same issue in my MJD Linea. They worked out with greasing the gear cable and stuff, It is better but not 100% fixed.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    It is not common with FIAT vehicles. Insist on the FASS to register the complaint. You can also ask to take a test drive of a vehicle similar to yours in terms of manufacturing and mileage!
  7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    This is not common, is it happening only in 3rd gear?

The gear shift mechanism is cable driven in our cars. (image courtesy 99 RPM).
    Ask them to replace the shifting mechanism if needed.
    gear_lever_knob__linea.jpg

Rajeev
    kedarbendre likes this.
  8. Dinesh Reddy

Dinesh Reddy Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Its rattling in

3rd -Between 30-50 speed
    4th-around 70 speed
    5th-80 - 90 speed

Twice complete grear box has been opened up they replaced.

1st tym-Gear shaft

2nd tym-synchromesh rings for 3rd and 5th gear and lot of othr parts

But still not resolved is someone facing similar issue and is it addresed,how?

Please help.me to fix the issue 1 month old car thrice in service stataion for addressing issue but not resolved dissapointed
  9. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Dinesh Reddy
    I had same issue where gear lever is vibrating in all gears. Initially it started in 4th gear and slowly I am able to hear this rattling noise in all gears when rev more than 2000rpm. Taken to FASS they changed gear lever under warranty for first time and problem rectified. But again started after some time in 3rd gear and 4th gear. Taken to FASS re fitted gear cable and problem went off for short period.

Today vibration is there in 3rd gear but not as severe as earlier times. Even KHT told me that some vehicles built in 2014 having this issue which they have registered issues with FIAT.

Unfortunately this cannot be checked in FASS. We need drive in empty roads to understand this vibration.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Anand and Dinesh Reddy, please keep posting the issue resolutions. Can any of you investigate in detail and find pin point the exact issue?

Best of Luck.