1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brand New Hyundai i10 engulfed in smoke

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by FastLove, Jan 19, 2011.

1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical ... smoke.html

Just imagine the same thread with Hyundai replaced by FIAT and then the reactions :hit

A 150 km driven car goes up in smoke and hyundai says that it is clutch burning and most importantly the forum members believing the manufacturer ::OO
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hmm, then reaction could be -
    - Fiat cars are not at-all safe
    - Quality Issues
    - Post-production PDI has lots of issue in FIat
    ::D
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Anyone who is a menmber at TBHP and wants to get banned, Please start a similar thread with HYUNDAI replaced by FIAT and then show them how biased they are :)
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Clutch burning in 150kms?! Who is Hyundai trying to fool? Even a person learning to drive will not fry the clutch in 150kms and there are plenty of first time car buyer's that Hyundai sells to!!

Moral of the story: No matter who the manufacturer, when there is a problem everyone brushes things off and passes the buck to customer negligence / misuse.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Replies would be like this
    1. If fiat can't make quality cars it should pack it's bag.
    2. Fiat quality is nowhere near the japs.
    3. Poor QC by fiat. I hope it does better job in future
    4. My friend who own a fiat also experienced this.
    5. Fiat should have chosen a better partner than Tata.
    6. I was not given a TD when I requested for one. ::D
    7. Fiat is happy selling their engines, they should stop producing cars.
    Best comment would be from owner of the car. " I should have listened to my family members and friends while buying the car"
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    TBHP is going the auto mags/tv shows way. I will go as far as to say that it is no more fan boys but "vested interests" are spreading rumors, wrong info and TBHP staff is hand in glove with them by allowing it to happen. I am amazed by how much mis-information is spread by these people and they continue to do so with impunity.

Edit: Just saw that thread starter has been handed infingement. Don't know if this existed before the thread started or was handed after wards.
  8. I'm damn sure that he got the infraction before he started that thread.
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Car is driven for 150KMS, it is difficult to agree that it is a driving style problem :lol:
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Some years back TBHP supported fellow member for the service problems and workmanship of Skoda & have discussed many a subject on automobiles... and have done good job and have grown a lot and have gained respect in the Indian Auto Industry.

But the statements made for issue with Clutch makes me think (Personal and not Team Fiat's view) that its biased and supporting the manufacturer...
    I went around and quick information gathering from some known driving school's around to find the frequency they change clutch.
    (Approx figures) M-800 / Santro / Alto in the range of 20k Kms.
    Please bear in mind that all these cars are Driving School vehicles and they might not be using genuine parts.
    Hence I feel that life of a clutch is much more than 150Kms.... and something fishy about the whole affair & feel sorry for the person who owns the car.

I also observed that some had made comments on Automatic / Manual driving styles :
    I was in UK for 5 years and have seen my friends and collegues owning Automatic Transmission and many of them Manual Transmission... when we used to go on long drives, they used to exchange the vehicles and none had any issues adjusting to the MT / AT and vice a versa... so this is not about AT owners burning the clutch... & might be about how strong the clutch is built..

:eek:fftopic
    More over I owned a Swift Vxi, and it developed clutch problems at around 37k kms and had to change it.. you might find some feedbacks on the net (Mouth Shut) -
    http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Maruti- ... qpqspsnsom

Simply put - my personal opinion ,150Kms is far too less for someone to burn clutch set and this calls for a thorough investigation by the manufacturer or some independent forum and take appropriate next steps... I owned a Hyundai and they do make good cars... but I dont like thier sales team :hit