1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brand new Grande Punto(1.3 MJD) drifting to the left - Possible alignment issue?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by anishkumarpp, Nov 17, 2014.

1. anishkumarpp

anishkumarpp Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    Recently I bought a Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic. I took the car delivery on 20th Oct 2014. Soon after I got the car, I felt that the car is drifting to the left slightly. I made one of my friends also to drive it and he also felt the same.

From all the threads I have read, its clear that such wheel alignment issues exist in Fiat vehicles. My concern is that mine is a brand new car and it should not have any such problems. Can this issue be rectified? If so, how?

I went to the service center of Aadya motors, Bangalore after 2 days (22nd Oct) with the same reason. They were very much helpful and agreed to look into the issue. They gave me the car after 1 hour. The problem was 70% resolved but 30% was still there. They suggested me that remaining will be taken care in the first service and I agreed.

After few days when I checked the tyre pressure, it was 55 psi in the front-left tyre. Soon after I made it normal, the alignment issue popped up again. Now I am not at all satisfied with the driving. I have to hold the steering wheel rigidly to avoid the car drifting to the left. While driving at speeds of 80s, I feel that a large amount of force is required to hold the steering. I have driven my car for about 800 kms till date.

Due to this issue, I am afraid to go on long trips on highways. I am afraid that if I loose my grip on the steering wheel at high speeds, the car would drift towards the left and I am sure the rest need not be mentioned!!!

Request your valuable suggestions and experiences in this regard.

Thanks in advance.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Hi @anishkumarpp ! welcome to the forum. Congrats for the Punto.

Its isnt that all fiat vehicles have alignement issues. Mine hadn't :)
    Alignment issues can crop up with any car.
    But yes, most of the Fass are not good at wheel aligning. As you are from Bangalore, check in the wheel alignment thread, there are various options in the city to get this sorted.

Hope you start enjoying your beauty quickly.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

A couple of things to been done.
    1) Get the wheel alignment/balancing done from outside Fiat workshop, go to a reputed shop with reputed instruments like Hunters etc. Since you are in Bangalore visit Madhu's. Google it to find the location. Ensure that while selecting the car during alignment, choose Punto 1.3 MJD only. I have seen different settings for different Punto
    2) Check the tyre pressures if acco to requirement.
    3) If still persists, get the tyres rotated.
    4) If still an issue, check the tyre manufacturing. If very old, then ask Fiat for replacement as manufacturing defect.
  4. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3

Hi This common problem for rim based Punto. Because variant come with most amazing tries called JK - tornado :p.

You are in Bangalore than i can suggest two places to sort out this problem

1. Richmond Circle - Madhu Enterprise
    2. On Indira Nagar Double Road - Sai Iyenger Wheel Balancing Near.
  5. anishkumarpp

anishkumarpp Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. I will get the alignment and balancing done from outside Fiat workshop.

Thank you @pabhishek, @ghodlur ,@Himanshukumar
  6. krishna232

krishna232 Timido

If you still have the problem after wheel allignment and balancing check with lower arm. I experienced the same issue with my 1 months old car and got done in warranty.