1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BRAKING ISSUES

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sandy_peseyie, Jun 5, 2010.

1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

aaron 22ji how come you got pads under warranty???
  2. i dont know the disc cleaner chemical. i saw that hing on wheeler dealers on discovery turbo used by edd china. and suggested you the same.
    when he was installing new discs he was telling that a fine film is present on the disc and gives that squeaking sound.
    get the bushes mounting the pads in place checked. also the strut bushes. these squeak a lot if they are worn..(the rubber in the lower part of the spring around the shock absorber)
    my dad's logan had this similar issue but was fixed after the bushes were changed
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    thnx buddy..but will the bushes/struts be replaced under warranty if worn out??? My car is under warranty..

@varoon9999

buddy at the time when i had replaced my rotors n pads my car had only run 4100kms..So i had mailed FIAT and told them this shudnt occur at an early stage..rusting all over the rotors and whistling sound when applying brakes..So got them under warranty but had to fight a lot for the pads to be replaced under warranty..
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This very strange that for effective braking performance many 1.2 are getting advice to change driving style & to keep RPM above idle.

It means that there is some design error in brake sysytem of 1.2 cars. 1.2 is 1172 C.C.

Exerecise of keeping RPM above & change in driving style is not necessary even in 800 C.C. M Alto.

800 C.C. engine creates less vaccum as compared to 1172 C.C. Still Alto does not face any brake issue.
    In Small engines less than 1172 CC there is no need to change driving style & to keep RPM Above

FIAT should take cognizence about this irritating brake issue . FIAT are you listening ?
  5. bhai
    Breaking in the 1.2 suffers only if the ac is on.. This is because the pressure is eaten by it, sending less pressure to the breaking system.. This is only because of the bigger compressor in the cooling system..

Had it been faulty design even our mjd's must have suffered which is not the case
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    what is relation between Big AC & poor brake performance ? :confused:

And MJD has no this problem. Because MJD engine has seperate Vaccum pump for brake Booster
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm sorry but there is no truth to this statement. There is plenty of vacuum available at idling, infact a bit more than when the revs are above idling. Remember , at idling the throttle is almost fully closed , and consequently there is plenty of vacuum.

Even in diesel engines, which have an additional vacuum pump to produce vacuum give out enough vacuum at idle for effective braking and other purposes.

I doubt whether that's the case. There's no pressure, just vacuum.

If at all there is a decrease in braking performance after switching the AC on it means a vacuum leak in the system somewhere.

The manufacturer cannot do a mistake as silly as designing the system in a manner that doesn't provide required vacuum to the components.

Gurjinder.
  8. i was referring to vacuum gurjinder. and thanks for clarification. now i understand..
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Query is not about regular ABS operation, instead to know it's scope other than regular braking. In other words, Is there any scope of ABS/EBD at all in situations barring Brake pedal (Foot)?

Does ABS/EBD interfere when reason for skidding is other than pressing Brake pedal (like a sharp turn, hand brake pull & even while reversing?). Kindly take into account the INDIA's Punto/Linea models instead of generalizing concept as per international FIAT. Any authentic source/reference is highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    No the ABS module does not function if you have not pressed the brakes. If your car is skidding it wont funtion unless and until you brake.
    Its by design it works like that.