1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BRAKING ISSUES

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sandy_peseyie, Jun 5, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    This is due to insufficient brake boost. There is another thread discussing this issue and can be corrected by changing your driving style. Ensure that the engine rpm is above idle rpm always.
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @macwinkiran: really "dangerous" situation. Brakes are there to save you, your family and others life within seconds and if that fails for a few seconds its really dangerous. Get it fixed ASAP.
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A strange issue am facing is.....some times brake paddle shakes slightly @ speed of 20-30,only wen i apply brake......and some slight kirrrrr sound wen i press brake.......
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
  4. varoon bhai
    get the pads and the discs checked. the discs if the wear is uneven gives such things.
    krrrrrrrrr sound might be dur to worn out pads
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Varoon, i think a trip to the TASS is due if this is happening. Were the brakes checked at 15,000km servicing?

Most probably its worn out pads. You can check the thickness of the pads yourself. Peek inside the wheel to see the pads almost touching the rotor and gauge the pad's thickness.

Gurjinder.
  6. when you first start your car and move slowly and then apply brake, a kirr sound is heard, it is due to the ABS coming into play and then this kirr sound is not heard.

If it is persistent then like other members have mentioned to go and get your brake pads checked.

7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

surely gurjinder/romsi need to visit tass some time in next week.......thanks bro's...............
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Brake dust is normal in all new generation FIAT vehicles...but squeeking is sumthing that im also facing..cnt really help it i guess..ive changed my pads n rotos under warranty..cleaned the pads 'nth number of times...really didnt help in any way...the squeek is really irritating..
  9. pioneeraaron
    get the bushes checked..
    also the get the disc cleaned by those special chemicals used to clean discs. and remove any grease sort of film/layer formed.
    this will help you
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @srikar

thnx buddy :) can ya ellaborate wt kinda bushes??? i need to explain to TASS cuz they are dumb as usual :p
    And recommendations on the disc cleaning solvent??
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011