1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BRAKING ISSUES

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sandy_peseyie, Jun 5, 2010.

1. i have a 1.2 active and i got it last november 09' immediately i noticed black dust powder from the front wheel (i assume its from the brake pads) this i have never seen in other vehicles.... and lately my car makes a sqeaking noise whenever i apply the brakes " is this normal in other puntos?"
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have never faced this, though i have 1.3MJD. But i guess th brakes in all variants is same, go to service center and get it fixed.
  3. Black dust powder is normal, but do get the squeaking sound checked up.
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Is the squeaking sound like some rubbery sound??
    And how frequent is the sound??? and when exactly does it come??

Black dust is normal from the pads. More visible on alloy users!!
  5. i have noticed that whenever i apply the brakes when the vehicle is moving around 10kmph or slower than that in traffic the GREAT SQUEAKING SOUND use to appear. anyway i guess its the brake pads. but i've clocked around 4000km and i feel the brake pads should be much sturdier... my next servicing is due on november 2010 and i'm thinking of waiting till then.
    guys my problem is there's no dealer network in my state till now and i have to travel say around 350km from my home to get my servicing done... we have TATA dealer here in our state but till now they did'nt tie up with FIAT.. anyway thanks a lot to all of you.....
  6. Dude... I own a 1.2 active and have never faced this issue. Not even once have my brakes squeaked in the range of 0 - 150 kmph. Take ur GP to TASS ASAP. Brakes are not something to be taken for granted.
  7. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Completely agree with aadicool, you need to get it checked ASAP.
    And hats off to you. Being aware that nearest TASS is 350 Kms, u still opted for FIAT. Thats what we can say is FIAT addiction :clap :clapping .
  8. Yes... Buying a FIAT is always more a decision from heart rather than mind.
  9. hey thanks guys for the inputs i really do appreciate....i'll take ur advice and fix it immediately.
  10. macwinkiran

macwinkiran

Bangalore
    Hi.. I ve got my 1.2 GP dynamic. Its only 1month old. Now my prob is that, the brake pedal sometimes gets compressed very smoothly with minimum pressure applied whereas at instances its more hard to press the pedal. when its hard to press the vehicle even does not slow down as much as it would during the smooth operation. But it doesnt stay for long. within few seconds it again will be normal..is it normal ??? Anybody facing such problem pls reply