1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Braking issue at lower RPMs in Ford Figo

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by fiatlover, Dec 19, 2012.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    After hearing about the braking issue in the new Swift, looks like the next place goes to Ford Figo.
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/130431-ford-figo-braking-problem-lower-rpms.html
    The thread starter happens to be one of my colleagues. I got interested because my BIL has a Figo at home. I am yet to experience this issue probably because, I apply clutch as the vehicle is slowing down.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    There is a thread is team-bhp for Ford Figo which talks about a problem for steering (getting locked) while down shifting.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    How dangerous situation is that? Both the brake and the steering getting locked when the vehicle is in motion?
  4. This issue can be experienced in Punto 1.2 as well.

This happens when you pump brakes in low speeds with half clutch. In this situation, engine RPM goes less than idle RPM, which make engine to create enough vaccume for brake booster and enough power for power steering.

It is matter of getting used to. I use to press clutch fully and let the inertia do the work in bumper-to-bumper traffic, which eliminates this problem.
    1 person likes this.
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I faced same issue in my 1.2 during first summers but only when AC was on. I escalated the same to Fiat and got my ECU replaced. Later Fiat re-programmed ECU for the cars faced this issue. Since ECU replacement, I never face this issue even with multi paddle situation and AC on.

One of the TFIian Mohit also has 1.2. He drove my car and noticed the difference. I can say that Fiat came up with a solution while MS forced owners to live with it.

It's Fiat, who is always there to support customers beyond routine issues. May be MS and Hyundai have more number of ASS but they don't support customer for serious issue like Fiat. Well done Fiat!!!!
    5 people like this.
  6. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    This explains the situation well. Wonder why all car-gurus in T-BHP are beating around the bush and not able to give a credible answer to fella who posted the thread mentioned by Thulasi.

- - - Merged Post - - -

When i read the steering lock issue, it send jitters down my spine.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is because the vast majority of them are also the average Joe car owners like the rest of us and know little when it comes to answering specific technical questions. In every forum, including our own, one will find a few members who belong to the industry and are quite knowledgeable, while the vast majority are just another mango man. Being a member in a discussion forum does not make anyone an expert in anything. A far cry from being termed "Guru" :D

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  8. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    I have same problem with my 1.3 MJD.. Breaks gets harder and car moves freelly. This happens especially when Car goes over some unexpected potholes and when I tries to break it simply dont work. Last time I have to press clutch fully to get breaks!!!.. but no problem with steering at any time.. still :eek:
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    May be all such HOWTO's suggested by clash81 could be collected in one thread and make that thread modified by only ADMIN's and a sticky thread would really make the person having similar problem finding the answer easily than searching and finding from 100 threads for example ;)
  10. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    I own a punto 1.2 active and got the same problem. Thank god it only happens during low speeds. There seems to be no solution to this problem. People at Service center didnt seem to understand when I said them this.

Even N Kiran was saying that this is a very common problem even in swift.