1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nikhilsikka, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I think one can comment only after using it for atleast 5-10k kms. Then we can conclude whether they are better than OEMs or not.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday, i was talking to a friend who owns cars from almost all stables, and was commenting on the brake pad durability. When i said punto's brake pads doesnt last much, just about 30k kms, he replied its the same for almost all cars he has !! even his swift/micra/innova had its pads changed before 35k kms, q5's pads have to be changed at 15k kms(costs 15k + 10k ) and q7 4.2's at 10 k kms :eek: . so dont feel bad about this no longer :D.
    vignesh, test it, so many are waiting for the reviews... with this, we can change 3 pads for the cost of 1 oem !!!
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    this is very dubious..
    Looks like german engineering is really not all that reliable after all.
    Its silly to expect a pad change at 10K .
    (All assuming that the driver is not driving his q5/q7 like a R8) ;-)

Even if i had the money to spend I would not buy cars like these
    1 person likes this.
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    the mamoth has got 760Nm of torque,no wonder it wears out soon, add to that the weight of it!! how much do you expect even the tires to handle so much traction? hardly 20-25k !!
    with the money of maintaining one of those behemoth, i shall have abarth, Tjet , cruze in my garage n still with much to spare :p.
    2 people like this.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Haha, I would love to plonk them on right away but would like to extract every last bit of juice from the existing ones. The last one was prematurely forced replaced by tass at 23k kms for a vibration issue, so this time I'm hell bent on seeing how long they last. 26k done so far. :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    My brake pads last 12k on my 2012 Punto last time and this time..I'm gettinga grounding sound after 9K...which is shocking!!!

Anyone using ATE brake pads here??
  7. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Brake pads changed at 3rd. (25k) service.
    ..thought i could have pushed another 5k with the brake pads for sure..shouldn't have listened to the SA.
    I generally make use of driving practices such as rolling the car to stand still by anticipating signals etc. (rather than accelerate all the way and then brake to stand still especially in city limits)

here are the pics.

20130417_154202.jpg

20130417_155327.jpg

20130417_154712.jpg
    2 people like this.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Price seems to have increased. It was somewhere around 2800/-. This one shows Rs.3290/-
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    This model was always 3200 from what I remember.

And the old pads shown there had lots of life in them. Probably More than 5k.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2.
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Ok, was just checking some details since some Guy called in and said he's going to come down to my residence to take feedback about the experience with FIAT in the last couple of years. He tells me FIAT has appointed them to collect feedback, I'll check authorization letters and then discuss with him when he comes.

So the price of these Brake PAD was 3080/- and is 3290/- now per the screenshot above.

VJ