1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nikhilsikka, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I think they are confused. they have put photos of 2 different brake pads. They need to clearly specify whether they are for current model or old model.
  2. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah..will have to clarify with 99RPM cust care if there is any cust service..
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

I mailed them earlier today about the 2 images showing different models of the Brake pads and they correct the page right away and sent me a confirmation. the Brake pads listed for 900 are the newer model ones as per the information provided.
  4. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Great, so that now i can buy them for my linea too. What brand are those by the way.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    It says ATE. And indeed there is a brand called ate.

https://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/com/en/ate/ate/general/home/index_en.html

Do u think its worth trying, by current brake pads are gonna give up in a couple of 1000 kms, so I'm thinking of trying it out too. Just waiting for tass to replace my hubs and bearing for the steering judder on braking issue. ( excessive runout was recorded).

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2.
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Well you can definitely try the brake pads. They are from reputed brand. Yes if runout on the hub is more you need to replace it.

Actually the hub and brake disc both have specific runout within 30 microns. The higher runout point of hub is matched with lower runout point of brake disc while assembyling. If worker makes and error or if runout is excessive then shuderring occurs.
    Runout is checked by a dial lever type guage.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Yup, they used the same gauge and figured out there is runout. Your comment about higher runout of hubs matched with lower runout of disk makes sense actually, ill have them look into that. May be that's the actual issue and these guys have no idea abt it. They measured the runout wrt the disks only, not wrt the hubs earlier.

They have decide to change the hubs this time since I am already on my 3 rd pair of discs.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Just planning to place an order for the Brake pads.

First impressions:
    - Shipping charge is high - Rs 150 for a set of Brake pads. :eek:
    - No proper payment method. They currently have a GHAR PAY option wherein a 3rd party company will come collect money and then confirm to the seller who will then dispatch the part. Or they have a direct bank transfer (not thru a payment gateway) which does not sound very ideal.

Im still thinking, but might as well take some risk and give it a try anyway.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The brake pads are quite heavy. A bluedart courier with 20 grams costs 300, so the brake pads @ 150 is a steal with the weight the brakes has.

10. From which part of the world do they courier at that charge buddy??:-o

From our home(kolkata) at least once a month a courier comes(>=1kg)to Bangalore and they charge 150,and the charge reduces as the weight increases.Its DTDC courier service btw.