1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nikhilsikka, Apr 20, 2012.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    My original pads were going fine at 41000 Kms but i got them changed with disc.since then I have run 67000 and the pads are still doing fine.

Although the OEM pads are expensive but they will last longer infact lower brands will end up to be more expensive as frequency of change will be more plus labour.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm now jealous of your driving style.
    Many of us on the forum have long been cribbing about the longevity of OEM pads.. its lasted us only 13-15k
    Lucky you
  3. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why are the discs being advised to be changed? have you had a accident? Discs are not usually replaced unless major impact causing a shape change.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Mods: Can you please merge similar threads, lots of brake pad threads by now :(
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Im using DAN BLOCK brake pads.So far so good.Costed me 1600/- pair.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Never heard of it.. can you brief us about its performance compared with stock ones?
    how long you think it will last?
    wet/dry performance
    anything else you like to add
  7. No accident as such. he said that the pads have gone bad and it has spoiled the discs too..
    So he has asked me to change both.. I dont even know if the discs or pad is good enough..

Can someone tell me, how do i verify if the discs are good?
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    asking to change both is a usual practice at TASS! i was also a victim of it once..
    disc should be checked for deep scoring marks visually/ by touching it.. some marks are there on all discs but they should not have made the disc surface uneven
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  9. How do we examine the disk, can i remove the wheel and check for it.. Is a visual inspection enough??
  10. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Mine brake pads have lasted 13k only...you guys are talking about 30K ..and I frown upon myself :)

Anyways I use my car everyday in B'lore traffic..for about 50 kms...so :)
    1 person likes this.