1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nikhilsikka, Apr 20, 2012.

1. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    i have changed mine in 24500kms..and it costed 3200rs for brakepad and 400rs labour at fiat asc..my driving style is normal..
  2. aks_karthik

aks_karthik Novizio

Chennai
    Is it possible to get a the same TYpe 2 anywhere in India. usually i buy it from 99RPM.com. But they now stopped selling it.
  3. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi,
    can any body here confirm should i change the brake pads by seeing the below Pictures.
    As of now the odo is 14500 kms and SA told to change the brake pads at 13301 kms during 2nd service and insisted it may last for only 1000 kms in city drive and 3000 kms in highway drive.
    After the service i have done 1200 kms city drive.
    I think this is a big scam to extract the money from owners so please check yourself before replacing the brake-pads once.

This is outer picture of brake pads
    WP_20141025_17_20_22_Pro.jpg

this is inner picture
    WP_20141025_17_13_07_Pro.jpg
  4. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    IMO this might have life of 5-7k more as per your current odo provided and seeing the thickness.

Expert can throw more input on this.
  5. Shreyas Ravetkar

Shreyas Ravetkar Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Break Pads Usually Dont Give Up so easily, My car has touched almost 40,000 Kms till date I haven't changed them.
    What I would Suggest is please look for the following issues
    1. The setting of break levers, sometimes to hard break levers result in continuous corrosion of break pads with the disc. This usually happens when we change the pads and oil pressure is not adjusted properly.

2. Look for foreign bodies like dust, sand and other minute objects that may interfere between the pads and disc, get it cleaned with air pressure.

3. Rub the disc pads slightly with sand paper, (Dont rub like you are doing a white wash on the wall).

4. Check the clamps which holds the pads, get them cleaned, wrong alignment can result in corrosion.
  6. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    I think should take suggestions from SA regarding the spare replacement with pinch of salt.
    If we can judge the life of brake pads accurately, i don't understand why so called qualified SA can't do:banghead:
    From next time will be more careful about any spare replacement.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    For quick future reference. Pad difference for date of manufacturing before 23 March 2011.
    Screenshot_2015-12-12-18-42-11-046.jpeg
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

My car is feb 2011 manufactured and it has the new type only. (Type 2)
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I recently got the 2nd service done for my car. When checked about the break pads, I was informed that they are in very good shape and would last another 15k. The current Odo is around 14980 KM. I have updated the complete service details in my ownership thread.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  10. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The worn out brake pad
    IMG_20160313_183738.jpg

Changed brake pads on 37.8 k kms to aftermarkets called "value" brand
    Stock pads has life left of 4mm inner side and 3mm outer side.
    So far its OK considering the price I paid.
    Still I will need time to pass judgment on them

Cheers
    Vicky