1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nikhilsikka, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah shams you are right ,if those brake pads are aftermarket the scenario is different :D
    Below pic of my 43K Kms run brake pads at 43K Kms aslo the braking was as effective as the new aftermarket pads(Here GEMCO)

brake_pads.jpg

i think there was another 1000Kms left in that brake pads.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Bharath, check if you have type 1 or type 2 calipers before your order.
  3. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    Please excuse me if this has been explained earlier. What is type 1 and type 2 pads?
    What are the model years for these? I have a Jan 2012 Punto emotion thats done around 11K KMS but I haven't changed the pads during the second service.

If anyone can help me identifying pads for my car, I'd order them from 99rpm along with other things I've planned.

Much appreciated!!
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    You can safely go to 3mm thickness, I suggested 5mm as brake wear is not identical on all four front brake pads. Its better to change pads a little early than a little late. Type 1 pads have thickness of approx 18mm when new.
    1 person likes this.
  5. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad
    Hi Vijay,

I guess you have used ROULUNDS brake pads, can you please share your overall feedback about these and did you buy it from 99rpm.com? I was also planning to get these fitted into my Linea and I hope the one's available on 99rpm.com (mentioned as butterfly shaped) will fit into my Linea which is MJD (2010 manufactured), please correct me, if i am wrong.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Have shared feedback earlier in this thread few post backs and no I did not bought them from 99rpm.com, I bought them from Motor Market of Manimajra Chandigarh.
    I can't say which pad your car will have Type 1 or Type 2 without seeing brake calipers or old pads as new pads came into extisence in mid 2010 only. If you can post a photo of front brakes with wheel removed(not needed if you have alloys and caliper is visible) I can tell which type is it.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys changed my brake pads yesterday in the new fiat exclusive service centre in bhubaneshwar. Here are the pictures of my old and new brake pads.

old brake pad
    IMG_20130929_103642.jpg

old and new for comparison
    IMG_20130929_103658.jpg

The pads costed me approx 3200/- and they lasted for approximately 34000 kms. I think they have the teeth to bite for some more kms. What do u guys feel?
  8. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its good to see that OEM brake pads lasted for 34K kms :up . I think you can replace them now.
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yeah thank you buddy. That's because i do a lot of engine braking and less of sudden brake.
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Yup, they have atleast 3K kms of life left from what i see. Given your's lasted 34K, you could have squeezed out more than 3K technically.