1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nikhilsikka, Apr 20, 2012.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I have been using Roulunds for the past 6 weeks. Haven't done any real panic braking during this period, but braking feel while slowing down from 70/80s to 20s or 30s is as good as OEM.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So lets try roulunds next time :)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    How many Kms these pads last.Do u face juddering at higher speed.
  4. Roulunds is not available for Type 2 style brake pads, mine is type 2 and have to shell out 3 times the price of Roulunds every time :irked
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    But what u also have to see the frequency of change ,labour, Safety ,time wasted, etc.I think Vijay has already changed roulunds 3 times.The Kms run will give the clear picture.
  6. Umm good point, the OE brakepads lasted 22000 kms for me, changed it twice already. It is difficult to say on the life of brake pads since it depends on driving style. But if Roulunds and OE life by a single driver can be known, it just shows how good roulunds are.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Lasts around 30k kms and there is no juddering at high speeds. First set lasted around 30k kms second was changed pre-maturely at 12k kms as due to torn axle boot pads got contaminated with grease, have done 8k on third set there is still 75% life left on 3rd set.
    Roulunds is a well reputed brake pad manufacturer and is OEM vendor to many European companies like Volvo etc.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  8. How to know for sure the exact life left in a brake pad?
    The sqeaking sound is present in my case since last 100 kms but very very less...but still I dont want to risk damaging the disc.
    Brake bite is as good as new so the concern.and yea it has done 29766kms till now and 90% on highways..I think minimum 5k kms it can do easily.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @wolverine_arnab Remove the alloy/rim and visually check the thickness of pad if below 5mm replace.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    20-30k is quite decent for after market stuff.Vijay did u change the disc also.