1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nikhilsikka, Apr 20, 2012.

1. venka

venka BANNED

vj_v1

your right Mechanic didn't use the Wrench. I guess in my case also it was too tight , He inserted the Allen key and and hit twice with his wrist. It got loosed then he inserted a long screw driver to release the pad. Later inserts clip with hands tight it with the help of allen key.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Allen key??? Guess im trying to unscrew the wrong bolt, Need to figure this out.
  3. sunilmh

sunilmh Amatore

KA-02
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    there was steering vibration on braking, it happens when car is above 80 KM speed.

@KHT, few weeks back service guy did cleanup of brake pads, but still the same problem :cry:.

Today SA from KHT saying I need to replace both pads and discs :confused: (it costs around 6K total).
    my car ran 20K in 1 year. He also said I can run it still 1500KM's and then can change it.

guys, need your suggestion please..
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sunil,
    Get wheel alignment and wheel balancing while doing this check for any steel rim bents and then observe.
  5. sunilmh

sunilmh Amatore

KA-02
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ganges, thanks for the quick reply :)

yes I had done that check before. The balancing and alignment is correct.
    there could be wear out of pads, but disc issue not sure :(
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    then start your diagnose first with low cost i.e. change only brake pads.if you still find vibration then think about disc or brake calliper alignment
  7. sunilmh

sunilmh Amatore

KA-02
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yes, will have check on that
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    During my recent visit to the FASS the mechanic told me that the front right wheel is little out but the SA on test driving the car after front shockers replacement told me that there is not effect on driving and no wobbling but I feel some.I also got the car checked with the alignment guy (not FASS) and he said the wheel rim little out is ok and would not cause any problems at low speed but only at high speed above 120kmh.
    Luckily it was Sunday and alignment guy was on holiday in FASS otherwise charges would have been Rs 1400 for alignment and balancing as I got it checked outside and no issues in alignment.
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    For DIY attempts for Brake pad replacement. Just adding here that People with the TYPE 2 BRAKE Pads + Callipers (Post mid 2011) will need to unscrew 2 Torx screws to replace the Brake pads. T45 Torx bit is required to unscrew them.

The torx screws are hidden inside a plastic casing with plastic caps.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    GEMCO Brake pads sucks .... its very hard to switch from OEM to after market brake pads,especially for FIAT.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4