1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nikhilsikka, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Hello,

My Grande Punto has clocked 48,500 kms and will complete 2 years on 26-04-2012. Brake Pads were changed @ 30,000 kms as per SA's advice and I also found that they were about to give up.

Now my car went for suspension elastic pads change in a different workshop, the SA told me that both the brake pads and the discs are at the end of their life and needed to be changed and quoted Rs 6,500 for the same. I declined as I din't found anything wrong with the pads or the discs.

My question is are brake pads made of wax that they wear so easily? Fiat is my 1st car whose brake pads have given up earlier than 50,000 kms. I never changed brake pads so early on my other cars. I know that the brakes are solid and confident but their shelf life is that I am not able to digest.

My car will be on extended warranty now and I plan to change brake pads and discs at Bosch Service Center when required.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

I got Roulunds brake pads for my linea last week so far so good, have to see how much they last. Costed me Rs 980/-
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Its a very good brand. Where did you get it from?
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Yes FIAT brake pads dont last very long ...
    I mean im happy for you that it lasted 30k for you..
    For me it was only about 15k . Secondly there are many TFI'ans who have changed pads in the range of 13-20k.
    Finally pad change is also dependent on you're style of driving. If you drive a lot in city (which is obvious) they last for a less period only...
    Nothing to worry about the pads...
    Masum Reza likes this.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Got them from local spare parts dealer in Chandigarh
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Guyz ny braked pads are worn out at 12K..

Please suggest if its better to go for after market pads....which ones? cost?
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

980.. that is pretty cheap compared to the 2.3k TASS charge..
    i changed mine at 30k
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

How are these Roulunds Brake Pads? Where did you get it fit? TASS or Local mechanic?
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

980 for a pair is dirt cheap dude.. awesome find. if i ping you can you ship it to me as well? ;-)
    I will try to find it in blr if not will let you know
  10. Hello everyone.

Even i was advised by the SA at concorde, bangalore to replace the Discs and brake pads for my Linea.
    Can some one tell me the best and cheap after market pads and discs and where i can get them tooo..