1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brake pads - how do I know when to replace

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by RaviHegde, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Nightfury

Nightfury Novizio

kolkata
    kolkata
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't know whether it's the right post to comment or not !!
    but recently i have found out some thing .

TNG - FRONT CERAMIC BRAKE PADS-HYUNDAI EON | eBay

Well it's the brake pad for hyundai eon.

looks exactly same .. way cheaper than even our after market pads (i.e GEMCO) and they are ceramic !! 100% non asbestos.
    but what i want to know here is .. can any one confirm whether they are xactly same ( like new punto's) or not??
    It might be possible that these pics are indicative as well :confused:..

P.S. : its always good to know a handy substitute of our spares .. FOR OBVIOUS REASON, SCARCITY :mad:
    One more fact.. swifts link Rods are exactly same n straight fit to our punto's :up
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Eon pads are almost half the size of Punto/Linea pads so they won't fit but the seller has also listed ceramic pads for Fiats in his ebay shop.
  3. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

IMAG0057.jpg

Please help me here : Do i need to change my break pads here. sorry for low quality image. i completed 16km with 50% highway and 50% city.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You seem to have more than 50% life left on those pads. Why did this thought even occur to you? Are you hearing any noises when braking or noticing any deterioration in braking performance?

Rajan
  5. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Actually a bit afraid after reading all those horror stories on brake pad damage and inturn damage on the discs. i went to a garage to check this and they told me to change the pads. After seeing the pads am a little bit confused on thier insistance on changing it. i just completed my 3rd(my odo ia at 16K kms only) service last month only and the ASS didnt ask me to change the pads.

Thanks Rajan very much for the info :D
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  6. Venkat Y

Venkat Y Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi Mates,

Could u help me in identifying how are my breakpads IMG_20131214_125645.jpg IMG_20131214_125651.jpg IMG_20131214_125709.jpg
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Looks almost new buddy. You will need to change them when they look like the one on the left:

BrakeJob014.jpg

Rajan
    4 people like this.
  8. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    How much life does my brake pads looks to have left in them? To me it almost looks like the one in above picture posted by Venkat Y but mine's done 17k kms.

driver side:

WP_20131222_013.jpg

passenger side:

WP_20131222_006.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  9. My brake pads lasted 38k kms.. Really. When i went for 30k service, they asked me too change it since they assumed it will last only for next 500kms. But i said no, since the braking was fine. It lasted nearly 8k kms after that.. But when i changed it, there was nothing left in the older pads.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Will go for another 20K km as per my driving style.
    Depends upon driving style,my last brake pads lasted for 45k kms.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk