1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brake fading at lower RPM

Discussion in 'Technical' started by bhai, Aug 17, 2013.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I observed many times problem of brake fading at lower RPM.Brakes of my 90 HP are excellent at high speed.But as the car slows & below 1700 RPM brakes are fading.In B2B traffic paddle becomes early hard like brakes with insufficient vaccum.In B2B traffic paddle start to become hard only from 2nd stroke of paddle.Brake booster seems fine. Still brakes are faeding at lower speed & at lower RPM.Does my car need updated brake booster ?
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

@bhai, pls use the clutch in B2B traffic and dont ride the brakes alone. When you use the clutch, the rpm will be at normal minimum and there should be sufficient vaccum. I think you are actually creating an issue where none exists and this will plant doubts in the minds of many punto owners. Punto mjd is one car which never had this issue. I remember the earlier versions of 1.2 petrol had this issue and Fiat cleared the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Had there been a brake booster issue, you would've experienced braking issues at any and all rpm's and speed. The Multijet's vacuum pump is driven off the camshaft, a tried and tested system since the Palio D days. So unless your rpm's are falling so low to stall the engine, there should not be any vacuum issues related to low rpm's.

You can try visiting the local FASS for further clarification. ;)